The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Februs' Season just looked up

Page  Page 1 of 3: 1 2 3 »»
jimisim
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#1 | Posted: 22 Apr 2014 10:32
With the news of Moye's sacking -the day after they only had to pay him one years compensation, he can now bear to look at the results again.
Unfortunately for the vast majority of other fans who must have made Moyes their "Manager of the Year" the management are unlikely to make such a disastrous mistake again.
Still one year of undiminished 'schadenfreude' is better than none.
Now I just have to hope they don't rip the heart out of my team (Southampton)

barretthunter
Male Author

England
#2 | Posted: 22 Apr 2014 12:25
Moyes is a good manager. Sometimes, mysteriously, things don't work out. Roy Hodgson failed at Liverpool between noted successes and Brendan Rodgers, I seem to remember, was sacked at Reading. Paul Lambert did a fine job at Norwich (and before that Colchester) but has gone nowhere at Villa. NO great surprise about Moyes at United, though; I just thought they might wait to the end of the season.

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#3 | Posted: 22 Apr 2014 12:51
jimisim:
Unfortunately for the vast majority of other fans who must have made Moyes their "Manager of the Year" the management are unlikely to make such a disastrous mistake again.

Unfortunately, I don't think that's the case as I believe Moyes was only the tip of the iceberg. Of far greater concern are the Glazers themselves and Ed Woodward. As a United supporter for the last 47 years I can live with them finishing 7th but not the style of football they played under Moyes which is the worst I have seen in my time watching them. Moyes, probably a decent bloke, but massively out of his depth, tactically naive and having seen how much more exciting Everton are to watch since Martinez took over, one has to question just how good a job he did there, where finishing in the top 8 was regarded as a successful year.

As for Jimi and his schadenfreude I'd suggest spending more of his energies supporting his own club rather than wishing ill fortune on other peoples.

smeple
Male Author

USA
#4 | Posted: 22 Apr 2014 21:34
I probably should have just ignored this thread, since, similar to Moyes (whoever he is) I am massively out of my depth. But being an overall wiseass, I felt I needed to say something. I couldn't choose, so here is a list of the things I was going to say before deciding that maybe I shouldn't:

Does anyone on my side of the ocean know who any of these people are?

I feel strongly both ways. In fact I feel strongly all of the ways.

What on earth are all of you nattering on about? (I stole this comment from Njrick from some other long forgotten thread. Long forgotten, apparently except by me).

How 'bout them Mets?

Janine
Female Validater

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#5 | Posted: 22 Apr 2014 22:16
smeple:
Does anyone on my side of the ocean know who any of these people are?

Nope, we just pretend that we do since the powers that run this site are from that other side of the pond (and we don't want to upset them). Apparently this "football" sport is kind of important over there for some reason.

CrimsonKidCK
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#6 | Posted: 22 Apr 2014 22:20
smeple:
I probably should have just ignored this thread, since, similar to Moyes (whoever he is) I am massively out of my depth. But being an overall wiseass, I felt I needed to say something. I couldn't choose, so here is a list of the things I was going to say before deciding that maybe I shouldn't:Does anyone on my side of the ocean know who any of these people are?I feel strongly both ways. In fact I feel strongly all of the ways.What on earth are all of you nattering on about? (I stole this comment from Njrick from some other long forgotten thread. Long forgotten, apparently except by me).

Well, about a month ago a bunch of us 'Colonials' (myself included) were "nattering on" RE the 'Big Dance' (NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament), even though there wasn't much spanking directly involved in it (although several of us had written Library stories featuring college hoops).

As a fan of the National Football League here in the U.S.A., I can identify with the importance of solid long-term leadership (coaching/managing) for a professional team in any sport--NFL head coaches, and even occasionally general managers, have been known to be 'terminated' in the middle of a disappointing season, as Mr. Moyes obviously was.

My favorite NFL team, the St. Louis Rams, is owned by Stan Kroenke, who might be familiar to a few British sports fans... --C.K.

jimisim
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#7 | Posted: 22 Apr 2014 23:14
Janine:
Apparently this "football" sport is kind of important over there for some reason.

And in most of the rest of the world as well.
The US women aren't at all bad at it either.
And never call it soccer outside the confines of the USA, its football in the rest of the world.

blimp
Male Author

England
#8 | Posted: 23 Apr 2014 00:36
As long as Man U don't get Mr Simeone who I remember was an expert cheat as a player and doubtless is an expert cheat as a manager too. Of course the best managers aside from Wenger and the Special One are probably Martinez and Rodgers at the moment. May deeply upset the Scousers if Man U pinch another manager from them, especially if they offer to return Moyes in part-exchange.

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#9 | Posted: 23 Apr 2014 00:44
smeple:
I stole this comment from Njrick

I compliment you on your good sense.

blimp:
the best managers ... are probably Martinez and Rodgers

Are they any relation to Rodgers and Hammerstein?

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#10 | Posted: 23 Apr 2014 01:10
It's called soccer down here in Australia, Jim and probably New Zealand as well. Football to the Kiwis is rugby, either union or league, and to Aussies it can be rugby or Australian Rules football, although we usually call Aussie Rules footy. I had no idea who Moyes was until a news report last night, but following someone like Alex Ferguson with his long track record he was always against a rock and a hard place.

Page  Page 1 of 3: 1 2 3 »»

Online now: Members - 5 : Guests - 16
hydegreen, rickf, SmokingJoe, TheGoodWife25, Unfortunate
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9