LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Problems with Paypal

ordalie
Female Member

France
#1 | Posted: 30 Mar 2014 06:07
Has any of you had problems with Paypal? I HAVE, three in a row
- I sent 40 euros to a radio which can only survive with her listeners' subscriptions. They sent twice that amount. I complained but that was two months ago, I still haven't heard from them.
- I sent 20 euros to another site. The money "couldn't be transferred". No explanation.
- I tried to pay for a sweater by Paypal. The transaction was refused again.
I do think that's a bit much, I don't trust them anymore.

samslipper
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#2 | Posted: 30 Mar 2014 13:46
Sorry about that Ordalie, I have been using Paypal for a number of years both paying and receiving funds and can report no problem. I have found their dispute resolution helpful and effective.

jimisim
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#3 | Posted: 30 Mar 2014 17:10
Absolutely no problems.
Had one minor problem and it was sorted satisfactorily.
My preferred method of payment on the internet.

Guy
Male Author

USA
#4 | Posted: 30 Mar 2014 17:57
To me, PayPal is the "evil empire". Their fees are high. When you have a problem, there is no guarantee that you will ever be able to talk to a person about it. After all these years, it still sticks in my craw that EBay requires payment via PayPal.

I do have an account, but use it only when there is absolutely no alternative. Ditto EBay.

bendover
Male Author

USA
#5 | Posted: 30 Mar 2014 22:14
Ever since a clone of PayPal tried to scoop up my money I stopped using them, and that was quite a few years ago. Some people have faith in it and have no problems. As for me, I don't bend over (no pun intended) twice.

RyanRowland
Male Author

USA
#6 | Posted: 30 Mar 2014 23:36
I had a problem using PayPal on EBay years ago. I was ripped off and got no help from PayPal. I closed the PayPal account and quit using EBay. I finally opened a new PayPal account and have had no problems using it elsewhere for the past year or so, but I still stay away from EBay.

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#7 | Posted: 1 Apr 2014 20:17
Paypal has a policy of not allowing certain types of adult websites to use their services. I know of one case where someone running a site lost the site's account, then had his account pulled and has been banned from Paypal.

As for their "dispute resolution system", it's a joke.

But if you aren't running certain types of websites and can avoid disputes, it's the default way of paying without giving your credit card info to an untrusted 3rd party.

BooBoo
Female Member

#8 | Posted: 1 Apr 2014 20:26
I've used it for years too without any issue, I like the fact my card details aren't disclosed. Have you verified your account? There is an actual limit set until you do that and if you haven't then it could explain your problem.

Online now: Members - 8 : Guests - 14
hunter, lampislife, Omegalodon, rickf, rnr, ShineHerPants, Smachtai, spanker30
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9