library of spanking fiction forum
LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

How others see us.

guyde
Male Author

USA
#1 | Posted: 9 Mar 2014 22:03
The LSF Spanking Survey is not yet a week old, but a fascinating trend is starting to appear.

As part of an added set of questions to Spankos (so not all of you got to respond to it), the question was posed "In general, which of the following statements do you think vanillas use when considering what spankos are? (You may make more than one selection)". I won't list all the responses: just the the most signifcant.

I cannot understand spankos 72.1%
Spankos are perverts 58.0%
Spankos are nice people 0%
Spankos need medical help 23.1%
Spankos are just like everyone else 0%
Spankos are a danger to children 25.6%

When vanillas were asked a similar question (only 5 of them so far. 1 who claims to know a spanko, 4 who claim never to have met one of us), look which boxes they ticked:

I cannot understand spankos 0%
Spankos are perverts 0%
Spankos are nice people 100%
Spankos need medical help 0%
Spankos are just like everyone else 100%
Spankos are a danger to children 0%

I know we do not yet have enough responses to satisfy the requirements of having a representative sample of the population as a whole, but does anyone else think that a definite trend is starting to emerge?

If you have any way of circulating this link to the vanilla community, it sure would help if we got more of them to participate.

Bogiephil1
Male Author

USA
#2 | Posted: 9 Mar 2014 22:08
It would seem that vanillas have a higher opinion of us than we do of ourselves, which I find hard to believe. I think a larger "vanilla" sample needs to be found. Perhaps on a "survey" or quiz website, pre-qualifying respondents for "vanilla"-ness. You'd likely get a lot larger sample.

bunwarmer36
Male Member

USA
#3 | Posted: 10 Mar 2014 01:06
A danger to children? Spankos need medical attention? Wow, just wow!!! To me, as long as the activities that we have in common here is between discreet, consenting adults, then it's all good.

guyde
Male Author

USA
#4 | Posted: 10 Mar 2014 02:14
I would like total transparency on the survey results. That is, allow anyone who wants to see the survey results in their original form to be able to see them and do their own analysis.

The problem is that anyone who can get to the raw data on the site I am using also has the ability to "massage" that data if they have an agenda they want to fulfill. (Yeah - I have that ability, so there is some trust by you in that I am not falsifying the figures that I present to you).

If anyone knows of a tried and tested means of getting around this problem, please shout out. I have an inkling that if four or more of us can get into the site at anytime we want, any group of three have some idea if the fourth is getting up to any funny business...

Hotspur
Male Author

South_Africa
#5 | Posted: 10 Mar 2014 09:10
O wad some Power the giftie gie us
To see oursels as ithers see us!

Robbie Burns.

FiBlue
Female Author

USA
#6 | Posted: 10 Mar 2014 15:10
Bogiephil1:
It would seem that vanillas have a higher opinion of us than we do of ourselves, which I find hard to believe.

I don't think that is true. That first set of responses wasn't how we see ourselves, but how we THINK the vanillas see us. I, quite frankly, have a very good opinion of myself, and I know of some vanillas who do too... but also some who despise the very ground I walk on because of this kink.

guyde:
The problem is that anyone who can get to the raw data on the site I am using also has the ability to "massage" that data if they have an agenda they want to fulfill.

That is a very real danger, so please don't give access to anyone, not even me. While I wouldn't massage it, I wouldn't want to be in a position of suspicion. With any database, there has to be an administrator, and I trust you. Keeping the data protected is, to me, more important than transparency.

SNM
Male Author

USA
#7 | Posted: 10 Mar 2014 15:16
I strongly suspect that the results will depend on the age of the population being interviewed.

tysout
Male Author

Scotland
#8 | Posted: 13 Mar 2014 07:39
SNM:
I strongly suspect that the results will depend on the age of the population being interviewed.

I agree, younger spanko's may feel more liberated and therefore more at ease with their kink and TWWDT is certainly, if gradually, becoming more mainstream.
Older members, like myself, remember the bad old days when to admit to wanting to be spanked, especially if you were a male, would have been met with ridicule and scorn.

I agree with FiBlue and believe it's therefore no great surprise that these people, and I include myself in this, regard themselves as weird and unusual and expect others to do the same.
It's so difficult to explain and indeed rationalise to a vanilla the need, or desire to be hurt, or in some cases treated like a child and I can understand their difficulty in coming to terms with the paradox.

Online now: Members - 7 : Guests - 7
Balor, Heroth, Hotscot, insonia, kanestrokes, njrick, Sfar
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9