library of spanking fiction forum
LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Our own Spaning Quiz

guyde
Male Author

USA
#1 | Posted: 3 Mar 2014 18:11
To help our fellow spankos out there in the world wide web, and invite like minded souls to join our ranks. we could use Quizilla to launch a proper analytical test - instead of that one which is out there are the moment.

First order of the day is to decide how many different ways it makes sense to slice up the spanko profile.

What comes to my mind immediately is:

1. Orientation: Dom - Sub - Switch
2. Severity: Mild - Hard - Severe - Extreme
3. Purpose: Erotic - Foreplay - Discipline - Redemption
4. Format: M/F - F/F - F/M - M/M

And so on. These may want amending, and there are probably more worth our considerations. But not too many more: we already have 192 combinations to consider...

Thoughts?

FiBlue
Female Author

USA
#2 | Posted: 3 Mar 2014 18:35
Haven't thought about it a lot yet, but the purposes probably need further clarification.
For instance what is the difference between Erotic and Foreplay? Is it the conclusion or lack of?
One of my favorite purposes is Stress Relief or Grounding, what some might call Maintenance.
And, do we want to limit the quiz to adult interactions or include discipline of minors?

guyde
Male Author

USA
#3 | Posted: 3 Mar 2014 19:01
On a personal note, I would be extremely careful in including the discipline of minors as a topic within a discussion of the sexual preferences of spankos. It could lead to all sorts of awkward misunderstandings.

I personally distinguish between erotic and foreplay in that erotic is its own justification whereas foreplay is the prelude to some further specific act whether it be sexual or non-sexual.

I think that stress/relief - maintenance is a dynamic worth examining. Within the overall limit of how detailed we want this to be.

And I think that deciding just how detailed we want to take this is the first order of business.

Bogiephil1
Male Author

USA
#4 | Posted: 3 Mar 2014 19:20
1. What age were you when you realized you had an interest in spanking?
2. Was there anything specific that triggered this interest?
3. Were you spanked as a child? By whom? How often? Until what age?
4. Was your first spanking as an adult? Why? By whom? "Recreational" or disciplinary?
5. Are you in a DD or D/s relationship?
6. Have you ever engaged or participated with a professional spanker/dom(me)?
7. Would you rather read/write spanking stories or look at pictures, artwork or spanking videos?

That's all I've got at the moment...

guyde
Male Author

USA
#5 | Posted: 3 Mar 2014 19:47
Bogiephil1
Those a great topics for a poll - segue: did you know that such polls carried out elsewhere suggest 75% of spankos first pick up on their orientation before the age of 10?

Perhaps we should conduct our own survey as well....

FiBlue
Female Author

USA
#6 | Posted: 3 Mar 2014 20:22
guyde:
I would be extremely careful in including the discipline of minors as a topic within a discussion of the sexual preferences of spankos.

I think this is one thing we need to decide. Is the quiz leaning toward sexual preferences or general spanko-ness. Or maybe there could be separate sections.

Maybe questions about implements, bondage, etc.
Perhaps we could look at some other quizzes for inspiration. I have seen those type questions on some quiz somewhere in the past.

We also need to determine what the answers to the questions mean as far as scoring or slotting towards categories. I don't know how Quizilla works as far that goes. It looks like our quiz would be more complicated than that one we took there. Maybe Februs would even write us some code and we could host the quiz here instead of using an independent quiz site. It could be another feature that we offer. I know that is getting a bit ahead of ourselves, but I don't think it is an unreasonable idea.

guyde
Male Author

USA
#7 | Posted: 3 Mar 2014 20:44
There are two different general aims:

Quizzes tell the participant how they fit into a population at large (for instance: "You enjoy receiving quite painful spankings")

Surveys tell the researcher how that population is made up. (for instance: "xx.x% of spankos enjoy receiving spankings rated as "quite painful")

Each has its own fascination.

But we do need to keep them apart.

Mdare
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#8 | Posted: 4 Mar 2014 07:19
I agree with Guyde about distinguishing between quizzes that try to tell you what kind and how much of a spanko you are versus surveys that try to get at the make-up of a population. Bogiephil1's proposed questions would seem to be good for the latter kind of survey but not for quizzes that measure your spanko-ness. For example, saying you were spanked as a child doesn't really tell you anything about your spanking interests, but it could add to statistics about what percentage of spankos were spanked as children.

Guyde's suggested four categories and their subdivisions are a good start, but, in reality, I think the distinctions are blurrier than that. For example, seeing spanking as an erotic experience doesn't mean that discipline, or at least the pretense of discipline, can't be a major component of that erotic experience. Also, there are many more than three shades of dom, sub and switch — such as doms who occasionally switch or vice versa. Hard to devise a quiz that wouldn't be overly reductive.

FiBlue
Female Author

USA
#9 | Posted: 4 Mar 2014 12:36
Yes, I agree - apples and oranges. Coming up with the questions, the proper way to word them, and where they fit in will be tricky. But, most of all, we need to remember to keep it fun.

Mdare:
there are many more than three shades of dom, sub and switch

I'm sure they are meant to be included in this, but there are also spankers/Tops who are not Doms and spankees/bottoms who are not subs. Sometimes that distinction is important.

guyde
Male Author

USA
#10 | Posted: 4 Mar 2014 20:02
I perceive two main dynamics in the mental state of a spanko: the fantasy world and the real world. And how much the two overlap.

For example take the phrase "If you move from that position I'll really hurt you". In our fantasy world that might conjure up all sorts of dark delightful images and in our real one nothing more severe than another swat of a very gentle kind.

So, questions of the nature: "On a scale of 1 (= mild) to 10 (= very strong), how severe should the pain be that a spankee feels?"

Compared with "Do you have a safe word?" if = Y: "Has it ever been used?" and "How often does one of your spankings result in broken skin?" can then be reality checks against the prior answer.

And something on the lines of "How important is spanking to you?" matched against "How often do you take part in spankings?" could do something similar.

Online now: Members - 8 : Guests - 12
Backbeat, derekjster, Ellman, iron10, Omegalodon, oxford, thumper, Unfortunate
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9