library of spanking fiction forum
LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

GrapeshotCrawler

gail
Female Author

Canada
#1 | Posted: 22 Nov 2013 13:21
I am curious as to why we see so much of the Grapeshot Crawler on LSF.
When I read up about it, it seemed to be a bot looking for information which allows Grapeshot to do targeted ad placements.
Given that we don't have ads on LSF, why would it be here ?
As I type this, there are three instances of it running on the site.

ordalie
Female Member

France
#2 | Posted: 22 Nov 2013 15:45
Where have you seen that? I never have.

gail
Female Author

Canada
#3 | Posted: 22 Nov 2013 15:56
ordalie:
Where have you seen that? I never have.

It is often there when I look at the 'Activity List'

bendover
Male Author

USA
#4 | Posted: 22 Nov 2013 16:01
I never have either. These bots visit websites to look for keywords and examine the content of the site. Februs would have to address this. Although there are other bots on the site as well as other sites. It's just a matter of being online no matter what site. A lot of these bots create tracking cookies that are signaled whenever we use our keyboards for something on a site. Most Anti-Viruses delete them when a scan is run.

Februs, am I on the right path here?

myrkassi
Male Author

Scotland
SUBSCRIBER

#5 | Posted: 22 Nov 2013 16:38
I'd be fascinated to discover just what such a 'product placement' bot would recommend for advertising on this site - schoolgirl uniforms, sorority paddles and soothing cream for sore bottoms I assume...

BashfulBob
Male Author

Ireland
SUBSCRIBER

#6 | Posted: 22 Nov 2013 19:21
I have never noticed this bot on the Activity Page and had never heard of it until now. However, I found a description containing the following: 'Pages are only ever visited on demand, so if the Grapeshot Crawler has visited your site then this means an ad was recently placed on that page where the Grapeshot information was either not yet available or needed to be refreshed (http://www.grapeshot.co.uk/crawler.php).' But as Bendover points out, the LSL does not have ads, so the information put out by the company is misleading or else something more sinister may be happening.

Online now: Members - 6 : Guests - 8
DurableGents, Filbert74, Jake15, kenjperr, Tengen, Unfortunate
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9