LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

A warning

ordalie
Female Member

France
#1 | Posted: 10 Nov 2013 18:56
" Please don't flick rapidly through items in the story viewer..."
All right, I won't do it again but I'd like to understand "use the serial tab of the relevant author page".
Now where is it?

BashfulBob
Male Author

Ireland
SUBSCRIBER

#2 | Posted: 10 Nov 2013 21:40
I got into trouble once when I stumbled across part 6 (or something) of a serial that sounded interesting so I clicked the button for the previous part and then did the same again to go one to the one before that and so on until I got to part one. This apparently puts a lot of strain on the server. I am open to correction, but I think the preferred approach is to click the author's name to get to the author's page, click the button for serials just above the word 'Latest', and then select part one for the serial from the serials page. (Apologies if I have misunderstood the question, or for that matter the recommended solution).

canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#3 | Posted: 10 Nov 2013 21:52
BashfulBob:
think the preferred approach is to click the author's name to get to the author's page, click the button for serials just above the word 'Latest', and then select part one for the serial from the serials page.

You are right bashfulbob. Going to the authors page gives one access to the entire serial in proper order without causing any strain on the system. It also has the great advantage of letting you look at all their other stories which may be along the lines of a story one was looking for.

CS

catmama
Female Member

USA
#4 | Posted: 10 Nov 2013 22:49
There is also a double arrow to the left of the title which will take you back to the first part of the serial without going through all of the other pages. It is there so that you don't have to back track through the author's pages. It really does make it easy to start. I found out about it the hard way too. I was threatened with a visit from Ms. Thrashbottom if I ever flipped through them one by one again.

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#5 | Posted: 10 Nov 2013 22:56
catmama:
I was threatened with a visit from Ms. Thrashbottom

And you passed up that opportunity?

ordalie
Female Member

France
#6 | Posted: 11 Nov 2013 04:58
Many thanks to all of you, I hadn't noticed the double arrow.

Online now: Members - 2 : Guests - 10
Calibos, Tengen
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9