LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Born at the Wrong Time?

Page  Page 1 of 3: 1 2 3 »»
tysout
Male Author

Scotland
#1 | Posted: 9 Nov 2013 00:54
I offered an opinion a few months ago, that due to the banning of corporal punishment, as far as children are concerned, that we may see a gradual decline in the number of spankers and spankees.
I was, (in my opinion wrongly) quite soundly argued against and even told that numbers might actually increase.
Well, I have to say that it seems that I was indeed wrong.
Spanking seems to be everywhere!
Films, sit-coms, the newspapers, face book, twitter etc etc.
In fact spanking appears to be reaching the point where it will soon be solely the domain of adults...and isn't that fantastic?
Now I do know that there are still a fair number of countries where the physical punishment of children goes on, and we can only hope that they see sense and cease what is now widely, (and as far as I'm concerned quite rightly), seen as a barbaric practice.
The thing is, I came into the scene through being spanked as a child... I think, so how do the next generation of spankees and spankers get a taste for this paradoxical behaviour??
I personally want to re-enact being treated as a young boy and fantasise about older women taking me in hand.
Had I been born twenty years ago, would that still be the case...I'm not so sure.
Could it be that we, who are, ' into the scene' are actually born this way and that it doesn't matter what time period we exist in we are destined to be the way we are?
Let's face it, it makes absolutely no sense for a person to enjoy being physically abused. And yet we are what we are.
Are we, like homosexuals and transsexuals, just a different type of human being with no control over what we are and absolutely no need to feel ashamed?
Yet I have no intention of coming out of the closet as I don't think my wife, children and family would either appreciate or understand why their husband, dad, brother, uncle etc wants to be put over a woman's knee and be spanked.
I feel that there's a paradigm change happening here, and although I may be getting too old to enjoy it, can still rejoice in its conception.
To all you under 30's out there who want to spank or be spanked...for god's sake go for it and don't be like me...a mid fifty year old who has kept it hidden for so long he simply can't admit to it now.

Malcatraz
Male Author

USA
#2 | Posted: 9 Nov 2013 02:15
]

Whatever the reason why, we are who we are. In some cases, it's a matter of having the confidence to be comfortable in your own skin.

These feelings are understandable. You never know how someone else is going to react. I have been married twice and came out to both of my wives. I assumed that their love for me would keep them silent. However, when my ex and I separated she outed me to our children who reacted with scorn and ridicule. My second wife, on the other hand, accepts that part of me because it is just that, part of me.

AlanBarr
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#3 | Posted: 9 Nov 2013 11:46
I think the public at large have an ambivalent attitude towards spanking, perhaps being interested and titillated if it involves a sexy celebrity, but equally ready to condemn it as perversion if it involves an unattractive middle-aged man! Part of the problem is a very one-dimensional perception of sexuality which is about positioning someone on a gay/straight axis. A multi-dimensional view would acknowledge the existence of other traits such as spankophilia, exhibitionism, etc .

It's interesting that one of the arguments commonly used against the spanking of children is that it may cause them to have a fetishistic interest in spanking as an adult. Leaving aside the question of whether this is true or not (and like the o.p. I have my doubts) the fact that this is even used as an argument demonstrates the lack of social acceptance of adult spankophiles.

bendover
Male Author

USA
#4 | Posted: 9 Nov 2013 23:03
I accept the spanking of children when there is a need. However, humiliating a child in public is to me a horrible form of abuse. There is a big difference in a spanking and a beating. I believe where the psychological problems come from (and I don't mean spankos as we are), but real mental problems are basically on the same line as a woman who has been brutally raped. Brutal beatings of a child carries a long way in shaping up to become an adult. That's my opinion of course.

I also believe that in TV and Movies, people are now ready to accept that spanking is just another form of foreplay in a sexual content. I've heard it called The Alternative Sex. I was spanked as a child, and I spanked my children when I felt it necessary. It never left marks or bruises of any kind either on their bottoms or in their minds. Believe me, they didn't want any parts of it.

As for me, I'm quite sure my little kink came from watching others being spanked. There was just something about it that turned my little parts on. It didn't matter whether it was male or female, but it did matter if the bottom was bared. Let's face it, there are SO MANY people out there who are into it, but refuse to admit it. Refuse to talk about it to their spouses.

Malcatraz:
However, when my ex and I separated she outed me to our children who reacted with scorn and ridicule.

Perhaps Mal's situation here is a prime reason. This is a matter of trust. Vengeance is mine is not only a sayeth the Lord matter, but also a matter of those who go and come looking for it. What we do in the privacy of our homes (as adults) is our business, and that it's consensual. In my opinion it's not advisable that kids know that their parents are into spanking one another. Word gets out. Some kids are not embarrassed to talk about it to others. If it's a turn on to them, they believe it will be a turn on to their friends as well. How many times have we heard, "Listen, you can't tell anyone, but....?"

rollin
Male Member

USA
#5 | Posted: 10 Nov 2013 00:10
Let me just pose a question here. I will accept that spanking as a legitimate form of sex play is coming into wider acceptance. Witness all the incidents on TV, in movies, 50 shades, etc. Why then, do those of us into spanking have difficulty saying the word? Why do we refer to spanking as TTWD instead of just saying it? Why the need for a code? Do we have something to hide?

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#6 | Posted: 10 Nov 2013 01:00
rollin:
Why then, do those of us into spanking have difficulty saying the word?

What problem I can say the word any time I want to: S...s...sp..ssss...p... sssssp...nnn...k...

Bogiephil1
Male Author

USA
#7 | Posted: 10 Nov 2013 05:39
rollin:
Let me just pose a question here. I will accept that spanking as a legitimate form of sex play is coming into wider acceptance. Witness all the incidents on TV, in movies, 50 shades, etc. Why then, do those of us into spanking have difficulty saying the word? Why do we refer to spanking as TTWD instead of just saying it? Why the need for a code? Do we have something to hide?

I think it might be twofold: Yes, we do have something to hide, at least from those who don't know about our particular "interest" and two, having a "code word" (or phrase, or initials) is kind of like a key or password, conferring a certain amount of exclusivity or "insider" status that marks us as "in the know" as compared to the great unwashed masses out there who don't know what TTWD means...

Guy
Male Author

USA
#8 | Posted: 10 Nov 2013 12:53
Bogiephil1:
who don't know what TTWD means...

Ummm... I don't.

To me, "spanking" is a perfectly good word. I'm just careful who I say it to.

Guy

FiBlue
Female Author

USA
#9 | Posted: 10 Nov 2013 15:25
I, personally, would rather just say spanking than TTWD. It sounds a little silly to me. But, I think it matters who you are talking to. I had an email conversation with someone who didn't share this kink, and found that the term OTK needed explaining, which made it worse than if I had just said what I meant in the first place. And then, on top of everything else, they thought I used a code because I was ashamed of it. It turned rather ugly. I think saying TTWD would have had the same result.

bendover
Male Author

USA
#10 | Posted: 10 Nov 2013 15:39
TTWD= The Things We Do, can mean many things 'that we do.' I like to think it's not the usual things that we do, but the offbeat things such as our spanking fetishes. Painting certain things, collecting certain things, writing certain things, and so on. TTWD is simply a mixture of certain habits. However, we all know what it stands for as far as we're concerned.

Right!?

Page  Page 1 of 3: 1 2 3 »»

Online now: Members - 9 : Guests - 4
brodiejlb, Elorac, GEML66, Geoffrey, jogreenknickers, markert, PGreenham, Rackmead, Seegee
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9