LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Invite to Chat

tysout
Male Author

Scotland
#1 | Posted: 19 Oct 2013 14:17
Just a thought.
When you're burbling away in the chat room, is there any way one can invite another to join the chat without actually leaving the room?
Or, at least quickly enough without disrupting the on-going discussion too much.
I appreciate that this may force the invitee into being apparently rude by refusing the invite, but if we all accepted a simple Y/N response without opinion or perceived hurt then surely that would be fine.

dund93
Male Author

Scotland
SUBSCRIBER

#2 | Posted: 19 Oct 2013 14:20
Great minds think alike tysout.
I'm in there now twiddling my thumbs and thought the very same thing.

bendover
Male Author

USA
#3 | Posted: 19 Oct 2013 20:25
When the chat room is opened by hovering the mouse over 'features' a second tab is opened. So, the person is in both places at the same time. The LSF and the Chat Room. The person can go back to the chat room and send a pop-up to whomever they want to invite. In 'Activity List' a person can also see who is in the chat room, but not the other way around.

I think I have that right.

tysout
Male Author

Scotland
#4 | Posted: 19 Oct 2013 21:40
I feel like a complete idiot here but try as I might I can't see an area or button that says 'features' BO, where or indeed what exactly is it?

rachelredbum
Female Author

USA
#5 | Posted: 20 Oct 2013 03:00
Under the bar where it says there are 22,375items in the library there is a drop down menu that has 7 options: Home, Info, MyLSF, Features, Sites and Logout. click Features.

bendover
Male Author

USA
#6 | Posted: 20 Oct 2013 15:06
Actually all you have to do is hover the mouse arrow over 'Features' and it will drop down as a menu. You can then choose 'Chat Room.' Also, if you scroll all the way down on a library screen you'll see 'Users Online.' Below that you'll see Chat Room, the number people in there and who they are.

rollin
Male Member

USA
#7 | Posted: 20 Oct 2013 16:44
You know, I'd love to chat but since the LSF and BL chat merged I cannot connect to the chat server from any computer--home, work, on the road--doesn't matter. So it's not a firewall issue, but it's something and I don't know how to fix it.

bendover
Male Author

USA
#8 | Posted: 20 Oct 2013 22:58
Februs commented on this issue before, rollin. I can't remember what it was he said. Hopefully he'll see your post and tell us again. I use Firefox as my browser. I think Chrome works on it, too.

Online now: Members - 5 : Guests - 6
Alef, kerrsutherland, Nelon, samueljones, stevenr
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9