library of spanking fiction forum
LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Ever come across your literary doppelgänger ?

gail
Female Author

Canada
#1 | Posted: 15 Sep 2013 20:40
Have you ever come across your own literary doppelgänger?

I have been reading a series of books my M.J.Rose - The Memorist, The Book of Lost Fragrances, et al.
Her style, her themes (reincarnation, lifetime regression, her tone), her pacing - it left me speechless.

Had she written my two favorite stories I have posted here on LSF, Waking Dream and Living Dreams, or had I ?

Granted, they were without the spanking element, were slightly longer (ie novel length vs 1500 words) and did not go all the way erotically as mine tend to, and hers may be just a tad more polished than mine. However the similarity is amazing. I see she has a book which is erotica; can't wait to get to that one !

I wrote to her to say how much I enjoyed her writing, and as an after-thought, offered up a link to my two stories. She responded ever so graciously, but did say she couldn't read mine because "if its like mine - my lawyer has advised me never to read unsolicited work."

Her writing is a treat - even if I say so myself !
If you have faved either of these two stories of mine, do yourself a favor and try her work; you will love it.

Raptor
Male Author

Canada
#2 | Posted: 16 Sep 2013 16:22
I've never found anyone else's work that is much like mine. I'm pretty goofy most of the time when it comes to writing stories, but I do email authors to tell them that I have enjoyed their book.

They are always pleased to read my favorable comments (who ain't?) and always respond with a thank you.

Hotspur
Male Author

South_Africa
#3 | Posted: 16 Sep 2013 19:54
gail

Thanks for not forgetting the umlaut but nouns are always written with a capital letter in German.

KJM
Male Author

Brazil
#4 | Posted: 17 Sep 2013 01:39
Hotspur

Isn't doppleganger without the umlaut and in lowercase accepted as English word?

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#5 | Posted: 17 Sep 2013 01:43
I think that other (real?) authors have the good sense not to write as I do.

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#6 | Posted: 17 Sep 2013 06:09
I read a really cute little urban fantasy by Laura Resnick called Doppelagangster, because it was full of 'wise guys'.

Online now: Members - 4 : Guests - 10
Euphrosyne, seacap63, txwolf208, WilliamAllen
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9