library of spanking fiction forum
LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Strip Clubs

redstar
Male Member

Scotland
#1 | Posted: 9 Sep 2013 12:42
We're all sad at the passing of the 'Janus' shop in Old Compton St. But does anyone else share my sadness for the passing of the 'good old-fashioned' strip club from Soho?
I first visited such an establishment in 1972 at the tender age of 19 and it was an unforgettable experience, slightly dangerous and erotic! A few years later some friends had a bad experience when they visited a club only for a girl to sit at their table, followed by a waitress who plonked down a bottle of champagne and a bill for £120. When they protested they were threatened by bouncers who insisted on taking them to a cashpoint and forcing them to with draw the cash. Thankfully I never had this experience but it did put me off from going back, particularly on my own.
But on a visit a couple of years back I decided to risk it only to find they'd all gone to be replaced by lap-dancing clubs. One establishment, on Brewer St, claimed to be a 'strip club' but I met an unhappy punter
coming out who warned me against entering as it only had lap-dancers.
My reason for bringing this up on here is that I had an idea a while back for a different routine from the usual 'bump'n' grind' which could often be a bit repetitive and possibly boring. I remembered this recently after watching the Paul Raymond biopic 'The Look of Love'. When I first had the idea I thought of sending it to him : A lady in ordinary outdoor clothes, carrying shopping, enters the darkened stage, obviously lost and calling her husband's name. When she spies the all-male audience and realises where she is, she's shocked at first. But then the music starts and, with a wicked gleam in her eyes, she puts down her shopping and begins to, tentatively at first and then steadily and more boldly, strip, revealing rather exotic underwear beneath her normal clothing. Eventually when she's daringly danced around stark naked her husband appears, also calling her name. He's outraged at the spectacle, sits down on the chair she's been dancing round and delivers a mock spanking - or perhaps a real one!
I'm sure the audience at these establishments would have found this a welcome and stimulating change from the norm.

Guy
Male Author

USA
#2 | Posted: 9 Sep 2013 19:03
redstar:
A few years later some friends had a bad experience when they visited a club only for a girl to sit at their table, followed by a waitress who plonked down a bottle of champagne and a bill for £120.

I have never liked the feeling of being singled out for a fleecing, which may be why I have never been attracted to strip clubs, not even during my young/horny/single days. A contributing factor is that I have simply never been a bar fly.

KJM
Male Author

Brazil
#3 | Posted: 9 Sep 2013 21:19
Same feeling as Guy's. Never enjoyed strip clubs or lap dancing. But I'm very sad at passing out of Janus at 40 Old Compton Street. I have been visiting regularly the shop for more than 30 years from 1975 till 2007 while visiting London once or twice a year.

I thought that it would last forever. Sadly it's been gone for two years already. The photos published in Janus had arguably no equals on both sides of the pond in quality, sophistication and pathos. Stories and drawings were superb.

On youtube you'll find an advertisement of the Shop with a feeling of an eulogy. It's the end of an era.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbtU6nLpW7U

redstar
Male Member

Scotland
#4 | Posted: 10 Sep 2013 14:05
I never liked 'lap-dancing' clubs either. But I thought strip clubs had a kind of naughty charm which has been somehow lost. Same goes for a lot of Soho nowadays. I don't see myself as a 'barfly' either, Guy. Doesn't mean I don't enjoy the odd beer in one! :D

redstar
Male Member

Scotland
#5 | Posted: 11 Sep 2013 13:55
Hi Kim, thanks for youtube link to the Janus shop.

redstar
Male Member

Scotland
#6 | Posted: 11 Sep 2013 13:56
Sorry, KJM!

jimisim
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#7 | Posted: 11 Sep 2013 20:33
I remember the Uni shrove rag strip spectacular. Good clean fun enjoyed by hundreds of drunken male students-raised a fortune for charity!
About thirty of the fittest strippers in the North West and plenty of beer.
A great night.
Always very doubtful about clubs, only went to one and my mate was chucked out for trying to pay for the drinks with a credit card instead of cash.
Unfortunately rugby club "gentlemens evenings" were so crude and coarse it nearly put you off sex and women.

PhilK
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#8 | Posted: 15 Sep 2013 18:12
jimisim:
Unfortunately rugby club "gentlemens evenings" were so crude and coarse it nearly put you off sex and women.

Since it was the men (I assume) who were being crude and coarse - why would they put you off women?

ordalie
Female Member

France
#9 | Posted: 15 Sep 2013 20:40
Why hasn't Janus gone online as Februs has?
Another post about Janus here:
http://www.spankingwriters.com/blog/2011/05/27/farewell-to-the-janus-shop/

Online now: Members - 7 : Guests - 8
Bobjonesie, canth256, davidrodg, Hotscot, saralta, SpankySteve, stag
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9