LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

HELP !!!!!! WITH MY WINDOWS PROGRAM PLEASE

Page  Page 1 of 3: 1 2 3 »»
flowerchild
Female Author

USA
#1 | Posted: 29 Jul 2013 18:07
I have a new computer, with a word program I can't figure out. Micro Soft Office Word 2007. I was working on my story contest entry and all was fine . But obviously I leaned on something or hit the wrong button, or most lightly both at once, but now instead of all lines starting at the far left margin, the first line of a paragraph starts at full left, and the other lines of the paragraph indent. I can't figure out how to put it back, or fix what's already written. No story entry if I can't fix it and time wise it's iffy any way.

Does anyone know this program? thanks, fc

Flatfish
Male Author

England
#2 | Posted: 29 Jul 2013 18:35
Hi, Make sure print layout is selected in the view option. If you can see the ruler at the top of the page you can drag the margins to where you want them. The upside down triangle sets the position of the indent for the first line of each paragraph and the other triangle sets the margin for the rest of the paragraph. The little square lets you move both triangles together.

bendover
Male Author

USA
#3 | Posted: 29 Jul 2013 18:42
Flowerchild,

Select ALL (all the text is now blackened out) of the text and then go to the where you see the BOX (in the margins ruler area) with the Pointer on top of it sticking upward. Move it all the way to the left. Then the Pointer that hangs down to the top right, move that on top of the other so the points are touching. You should now have everything LEFT Justified. Save it.

canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#4 | Posted: 29 Jul 2013 20:26
You should have a couple of file names on top. Reading from left to right they likely read...File, Edit and then View. I have found simply by clicking on View, hitting the "normal" selection, your article should revert back to regular.

Guy
Male Author

USA
#5 | Posted: 29 Jul 2013 22:24
You have a minor formatting issue which I believe Bendover's advice will fix. If worse comes to worse, simply select and then copy all of your text and then paste it into your e-mail box. Then fix any format issues manually before e-mailing it off to the library, where it will undoubtedly be a winner.

Don't even THINK about giving up!

RyanRowland
Male Author

USA
#6 | Posted: 30 Jul 2013 05:58
I'm not sure about this particular problem. But I've had some strange formatting issues with Word also. In desperation, I've tried (similar to Guy's suggestion) selecting all text, and copying and pasting it into Notepad, which removes all formatting. Then you can open a new Word document and copy/paste the text back into a new document (minus the screw-up formatting). Good luck!

flowerchild
Female Author

USA
#7 | Posted: 30 Jul 2013 16:54
Thank you all for your help. It turned out that it was an issue with the "ruler" and the fact that the two little arrows were not together. (thanks Flatfish). Now I have too much space at the top and the bottom, 2 1/2 inches, that I haven't figured out how to fix, but that seems minor. I'll figure it out one of these days.

Mads
Male Author

Denmark
#8 | Posted: 30 Jul 2013 19:59
In Word 2007 you changes margins (all four) by going to the "Page Layout" tab in the ribbon at the top of the window. Then select "Margins". Then you can choose some predefined margins or specify your own by selecting "Custom Margins".

Microsoft has a short but rather good introduction to Word 2007 at

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/support/getting-started-with-microsoft-office-2007- FX101839657.aspx

flowerchild
Female Author

USA
#9 | Posted: 30 Jul 2013 20:27
Mads
Mads
Mads:
n Word 2007 you changes margins (all four) by going to the "Page Layout" tab in the ribbon at the top of the window. Then select "Margins". Then you can choose some predefined margins or specify your own by selecting "Custom Margins".

I figured that out, Mads, thank you. But unfortunately that doesn't help, which is why I can't figure it out. It's all set where it should be. Thanks for the ink though, I'm going to have to check it out.

tiptopper
Male Author

USA
#10 | Posted: 31 Jul 2013 00:41
My advice is: LibreOffice can be downloaded for free from the web. It's a lot easier to use than Word. LibreOffice will also change your document into other formats such as Word if you want it to.

Page  Page 1 of 3: 1 2 3 »»

Online now: Members - 6 : Guests - 10
dancingstupid, dougmorton, Heike, Richard_Windsor, RogerHunt, taxbag
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9