Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»
Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#1 | Posted: 17 Jul 2013 17:58
I have no idea who this band is, but I like their cover art. The picture at
http://www.onebadson.com/wp-content/uploads/Rustbucket_Artwork.jpg
shows a typical pinup type weighing herself..

Of course she has to strip down to her shoes, bra and panties first (you can't weigh yourself with those heavy clothes on).

And she has to bend over double to read the scale.

The album is called "the Rust Bucket" - maybe that's why they chose a red head for the cover. Personally, I'd title it "A Perfect Target" or "In Position" or even "About to Pay for those Extra Pounds". Hmmm, maybe that last one should be "About to Pay for Weight Loss" because the girl has a classic 50s figure with not so much as an ounce out of place?

Goodgulf

Bogiephil1
Male Author

USA
#2 | Posted: 17 Jul 2013 19:53
If she has to bend that far over to read the scale, she must be very near-sighted. Maybe they should call it "Needs Glasses"....

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#3 | Posted: 17 Jul 2013 21:53
Or "Pretending to Need Glasses to Assume the Position"? But she does look a bit startled to see someone coming in...

Speaking of startled, I can't help wondering how that obscure band is reacting to the number of views that album cover is getting.

Goodgulf

smeple
Male Author

USA
#4 | Posted: 17 Jul 2013 22:46
Goodgulf:
Speaking of startled, I can't help wondering how that obscure band is reacting to the number of views that album cover is getting.

My guess is some smart person in the band, or some smart person managing the band, knew exactly how many views this cover would get. Maybe that's one way an obscure band becomes less obscure - by showing more!

DLandhill
Male Author

USA
#5 | Posted: 18 Jul 2013 03:25
Very nice. The style is very much that of a classic 50s pinup. In fact, it would be a good image for a picture challenge here, if it didn't belong to someone else.

Many current covers show much more flesh, and are more conventionally sexy, but this is very cute and for me at least quite hot. I don't know what kind of audience this band wants to appeal to, but this might be a very effective cover.

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#6 | Posted: 18 Jul 2013 05:20
I just thought of another reason why she might be bending.

Maybe she's not looking at the scale but reaching for her shoes - which are too heavy to be on the scale with her so will have to go.

It appears as if someone just walked in on her. Maybe if that person had waited a few extra minutes her shoes and other heavy clothing would be gone?

Goodgulf

ordalie
Female Member

France
#7 | Posted: 18 Jul 2013 05:40
The proportions are all wrong, her legs are far too short.

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#8 | Posted: 18 Jul 2013 06:01
I hadn't noticed that.

Many good pins up aren't anatomically correct. Some of them, dear lord if they were real women they'd be so top heavy that their backs would be long gone.

But they are nice to look at.

Goodgulf

myrkassi
Male Author

Scotland
SUBSCRIBER

#9 | Posted: 18 Jul 2013 15:37
I'm sure I've seen this pin-up before - not on the album cover. I think the proportions of the picture have been changed to fit the cover, and that's why her legs appear short.

barretthunter
Male Author

England
#10 | Posted: 18 Jul 2013 21:15
I have noticed that nature has been kind to many women with big, protuberant bottoms. So that they do not overbalance backwards, balancing excrescences have been provided on the other side.

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»

Online now: Members - 11 : Guests - 16
aka, Azactan, dougmorton, Februs, Hotscot, jonmoorman, katee, sethron, steve77, thegrumpytele, twinkieshark
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9