LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Constancy

Page  Page 3 of 5: «« 1 2 3 4 5 »»
blimp
Male Author

England
#21 | Posted: 19 Jul 2013 17:21
I saw that team too. Charlie Cooke was the only foreign player. Also Bobby Tambling, Tony Hately. Mind you Bonetti had the trick of making the simplest save look marvelous. Tommy Docherty was the manager back then. I remember when they played Leeds in an early 70's cup final. It was difficult to know which team I disliked the most!! Sorry, just recalling irrational prejudices of yesteryear!!

Alef
Male Author

Norway
#22 | Posted: 19 Jul 2013 19:01
blimp:
It was difficult to know which team I disliked the most!!

I find this hard to believe! Unless you're insane (which in this case means unless you're a Leeds supporter), the Leeds team of those days is the No. 1 hate object in football of all times. Its only redeeming feature was another goalkeeper, Gary Sprake, who was prone to make mistakes when we needed them the most.

blimp
Male Author

England
#23 | Posted: 19 Jul 2013 19:50
I know most people would say Leeds but my father had several irrational prejudices which included Chelsea, men with weak handshakes, Frenchmen, dunking biscuits in ones tea, drug users, trade unionists etc. Of course you try your best to develop your own irrational prejudices but inevitably I ended up with one or two of his! I did actually cheer on Chelsea against Bayern Munich when they surprisingly won the Champions League the season before last. German football teams are certainly another irrational prejudice!! I know the Gods of football will punish me! They always do.

Alef
Male Author

Norway
#24 | Posted: 19 Jul 2013 21:46
blimp:
Of course you try your best to develop your own irrational prejudices

At least I seem to detect a certain system and consistency in the irrationalities!

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#25 | Posted: 20 Jul 2013 01:38
blimp:
Stamford Bridge!! Sssshh!! For goodness sake Alef!!

Whatever are you two nattering on about?

Alef
Male Author

Norway
#26 | Posted: 20 Jul 2013 07:45
njrick:
Whatever are you two nattering on about?

Nattering?! This is an intellectual discussion, at least on the level of two Americans discussing baseball statistics!

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#27 | Posted: 20 Jul 2013 15:11
Alef:
This is an intellectual discussion, at least on the level of two Americans discussing baseball statistics!

Who are you trying to kid? Discussions about baseball statistics involve 1) baseball, 2) statistics, and 3) (usually) Babe Ruth, placing them on a whole different plane.

Alef
Male Author

Norway
#28 | Posted: 20 Jul 2013 15:33
njrick:
Babe Ruth

Whatever happened to Joe DiMaggio?

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#29 | Posted: 20 Jul 2013 15:39
Alef:
Whatever happened to Joe DiMaggio?

Joltin' Joe has left and gone away. A nation turns its lonely eyes to him. wo-wo-wo

A great player, Joe Di, but not the statistical oddity that was Babe Ruth, which is why discussions on baseball stats frequently refer to the Bambino.

opb
Male Author

England
#30 | Posted: 20 Jul 2013 16:56
...but does he compare to Don Bradman, whose batting average (the measure of success in the batting phase of cricket) is nearly twice as good as the second best player.

Page  Page 3 of 5: «« 1 2 3 4 5 »»

Online now: Members - 6 : Guests - 6
Jdavis, monte333, novak, ProBandit, SmitheeK, vedapierceotk
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9