library of spanking fiction forum
LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Banner

Hotspur
Male Author

South_Africa
#1 | Posted: 4 Jul 2013 12:21
Is there any reason why a stylised version of the Washington coat of arms is adorning the site today? Has it got anything to do with the date?

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#2 | Posted: 4 Jul 2013 13:49
It appears that the LSF Management has chosen to honor the date we (United States of) Americans have decided to celebrate our independence from England - namely the anniversary of the day two days after our Congress took a vote that we should be independent, roughly a month before most of the delegates got around to signing the resolution declaring the same, about five years before military victory (or humiliating defeat, depending on your point of view) made it inevitable, and seven years before the Treaty of Paris (or at least the only Treaty of Paris we care about, if there happen to be others) made it a fact. We chose July 4th because it's the day everyone seems to set off fireworks and have picnics. Perhaps our English brethren celebrate too because our independence means that they are free of us as well. Imagine England as the tail being wagged by the dog of the North American mainland in a still-unified country. Not a pretty sight.

And that's not a "Washington coat of arms." I don't think there is such a thing.

Guy
Male Author

USA
#3 | Posted: 4 Jul 2013 14:05
njrick:
And that's not a "Washington coat of arms."

On each side of the banner I see two American flags touching each other's bare bottoms. What could be more appropriate for this site?

Hotspur
Male Author

South_Africa
#4 | Posted: 4 Jul 2013 14:54
njrick:
And that's not a "Washington coat of arms." I don't think there is such a thing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coat_of_arms_of_George_Washington

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#5 | Posted: 4 Jul 2013 15:21
Hotspur:
njrick:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coat_of_arms_of_George_Washington

Oops. I'm sure glad I didn't state that opinion with any degree of certainty. That could have been as embarrassing as confusing a pair of crossed red-white-and-blue flags with a single red-and-white shield.

PinkAngel
Female Assistant Librarian

Scotland
#6 | Posted: 4 Jul 2013 15:41
njrick:
That could have been as embarrassing as confusing a pair of crossed red-white-and-blue flags with a single red-and-white shield.

Hotspur
Male Author

South_Africa
#7 | Posted: 4 Jul 2013 17:26
njrick:
That could have been as embarrassing as confusing a pair of crossed red-white-and-blue flags with a single red-and-white shield.

Or bars and mullets with stars and stripes.

Graves94
Male Author

USA
#8 | Posted: 6 Jul 2013 17:22
I like chips with my mullets at bars.

Online now: Members - 6 : Guests - 5
Capnsmack, Daemon10, Devilsadvocate, Jflow13, john4, seacap63
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9