The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

About Ryanair

Page  Page 2 of 2: «« 1 2
jimisim
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#11 | Posted: 27 Jun 2013 23:35
If you accept that Ryanair is flying cattle class and you understand how they work, ensure your luggage is within limits , then it is acceptable on short haul flights.
I have used them several times and although it is hardly a pleasant experience they have flown me efficiently and inexpensively.
Easy Jet are better but usually more expensive and don't often compete directly.
I however cannot imagine using Ryanair for a 500 euro flight including luggage although I always pay for speedy boarding, I've never paid more than £120 each way per person (total excluding speedy boarding), and never been surcharged.
It does grate having to pay for luggage.
The latest scam is that at Stansted you cannot drop off or pick up without paying £2 for the privilege.
Living close to Stansted does however mean that they are usually the most convenient, and if I want to use a mainstream airline who can be little more expensive involves a long drive to Gatwick.

ordalie
Female Member

France
#12 | Posted: 28 Jun 2013 06:32
jimisim:
you cannot drop off or pick up

Sorry but I just don't understand drop off and pick up.

Lochinvar
Male Member

England
SUBSCRIBER

#13 | Posted: 28 Jun 2013 06:43
ordalie:
Sorry but I just don't understand drop off and pick up.

Drop off and pick up are when you don't drive yourself to the airport but get somebody else to do it thus avoiding the need to park your car there for the duration of the trip.

Stansted, like many airports in the UK operates a procedure where if you are being dropped off at the airport the approach road is gated and to leave you have to pay a £2 charge. It is still cheaper than leaving your car parked in the Long Stay Car Park but it used to be a free option. To be dropped off without paying the £2 you have to be dropped further out and bussed in. I am not sure if the bus ride is free of charge but suspect it probably isn't.

Ironically the two largest London Airports Heathrow and Gatwick are allowing free drop off and pick up.

According to a recent news article the UK Airports make more money from the Car Parking charges than they do from the Airlines.

mobile_carrot
Male Author

England
#14 | Posted: 28 Jun 2013 11:07
I was on an easyJet flight from Turkey this week, leaving late night. They sold out of hot food in minutes - apparently they make more money from selling food and drink on the plane than they do from fares.

They charge for hold luggage but at least they're upfront about it, and you have to go online to print your boarding card so I had to use an internet cafe in Turkey.

Page  Page 2 of 2: «« 1 2

Online now: Members - 11 : Guests - 5
Angerclashes, bbnebraska12, cady09, canth256, dund93, Euphrosyne, FearlessMN, Fenris, laststraw, misterspanker, Sloth
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9