LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

About Ryanair

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»
ordalie
Female Member

France
#1 | Posted: 26 Jun 2013 07:20
Has anyone of you been cheated by Ryanair (forgot to tick off the wish for a particular seat or insurance...) AND MANAGED TO HAVE THE MONEY BACK?
For a 542 euros flight my daughter finally found out on her bank accounts 360 euros more quite unexplained.

BashfulBob
Male Author

Ireland
SUBSCRIBER

#2 | Posted: 26 Jun 2013 11:03
Anyone who has used Ryanair ('Europe's only ultra-low cost airline' as claimed on their website) will know all about being charged extra because they did not remove the appropriate ticks hidden in the small print, but 360 Euro seems like an outrageous overcharge, even if your daughter had changed her flights. There must surely be some way to appeal this. (N.B. Ryanair has being trying to take over Aer Lingus, the only serious competitor on most Irish routes, but so far the EU has blocked them. God bless the EU!)

ordalie
Female Member

France
#3 | Posted: 26 Jun 2013 13:48
There's no way out of this scam: they say on their site: "all monies paid for optional services provided by ourselves are non-refundable."

mobile_carrot
Male Author

England
#4 | Posted: 26 Jun 2013 20:29
You have to watch this company like a hawk - I may be biased because my son works for easyJet. There should be some idea on the billing as I assume it's all done online.

bendover
Male Author

USA
#5 | Posted: 26 Jun 2013 22:37
The airlines (all of them) are outrageous. The wife and I had to pay $25.00 for each suitcase we stored in the belly of the plane. Yet, people are going to fly regardless. It just puts passengers between a rock and a hard place when traveling the 'fast' route.

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#6 | Posted: 27 Jun 2013 06:02
This thread has me thinking about:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAg0lUYHHFc
- the song is entitled "Cheap Flights" and is about a flight that started at 50p.

Goodgulf

barretthunter
Male Author

England
#7 | Posted: 27 Jun 2013 09:31
Ryanair is particularly despicable because of its appalling treatment of disabled people.

The best thing about it is that its boss Michael O'Reilly is apparently known in Ireland as "Michael oh, really?" because of his fondness for exaggerated claims.

ordalie
Female Member

France
#8 | Posted: 27 Jun 2013 15:48
barretthunter:
Ryanair is particularly despicable because of its appalling treatment of disabled people.

Could you enlarge a bit, please?

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#9 | Posted: 27 Jun 2013 20:14
I did a quick search.

They have a hard limit of 4 disabled people per flight. If you forget to mentioned that you have disability (blind, visually impaired, deaf, need a wheelchair, etc) when you book your ticket and there is already 4 disabled people on board you will be kicked off the airplane.

Another article that came up involved them not having a Ambulift (a hydraulic machine used to transport a wheelchair into the plane) available despite the passenger filling out all the forms to have one there. The flight crew refused to help her in anyway and her husband was forced to carry her up the ramp himself. During that court case it came out that: : 'It is Ryanair's policy to leave disabled passengers stranded if they cannot be boarded in time.'

Meanwhile the airline pointed the finger at the airport but the judge lambasted them and ordered them to pay for humiliating the passenger.

In short, they seem to be no frills airline that charges for every possible extra and tries to keep cost down by providing as little search as possible - including to the disabled. That doesn't make them evil, just cheap.

Goodgulf

Cal33
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#10 | Posted: 27 Jun 2013 22:56
So this guy stops off at an airport bar and finds himself sitting next to a luscious young flight attendant. Unsure of which airline for whom she flies, he decides that guessing her airline by its slogan might be a clever opening line. He says to her, "Fly the Friendly Skies?"

The woman gives him a puzzled look.

"We Love to Fly and It Shows?" he goes on.

Again he gets a puzzled look from the woman.

"Something Special in the Air?"

Now the woman gives him a dirty look and says, "What the hell do you want?"

"Ahh, of course. Ryanair.."

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»

Online now: Members - 7 : Guests - 12
asanders, bbob20, cady09, danjackson84, katee, molly2play, mrjpayne
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9