library of spanking fiction forum
LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Are there two versions of "The Father of the Bride" with Spencer Tracy?

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»
Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#1 | Posted: 14 Jun 2013 20:56
There's article entitled "Review Of Cinema Spanking" by Mr. Magazine that has me wondering if there were two vastly different versions of the Spencer Tracy movie "The Father of the Bride". That article lists it as the "Best spanking scene between Father and Daughter" and discribes how Spencer Tracy's character spanks the bride in her wedding dress the day before the wedding. When watching that movie, the day before the wedding - no spanking. The closest thing to that was a long, reassuring talk between father and daughter when the daughter starts to get cold feet.

After watching the movie, I'd have to say that there was only one point when a spanking might have even been vaguely appropriate, when the bride is willing to call of the wedding over the groom's choice of honeymoon spots, but even then no one considers spanking her to bring her to her senses. Indeed the core of the movie, the central theme that underlines every scene, is that the Father is supporting the bride in anything that she wants to do.

Which leave me wondering if there was a director's cut, a European cut, or some other version not mentioned on the internet that shows a spanking. I've tried searching on "Father of the Bride spanking" and while I found some nice stories and delightful pictures of women being spanked in wedding dresses I did not come across any mention of spanking in that movie.

At least nowhere except that article. Which leaves me wondering if whether there is a different version or it was wishful thinking on the writer's part. And it could be wishful thinking... I was able to find the Gervaise scene mentioned in that article at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rhtp0ECkNYk and while you do see a bottom being bared you don't actually see much of the spanking.

So, are there two versions of that film? Or was the author seeing what he wanted to see?

Goodgulf

jefesse
Male Author

USA
#2 | Posted: 14 Jun 2013 21:10
I believe that that movie (which I've never seen) is one of those for which a publicity still was made, showing the male lead spanking the female lead (see here), even though the movie contains (as far as I know) no corresponding spanking scene.

I suspect the author of that article used the still as the jumping off point for an imaginary reconstruction of such a scene.

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#3 | Posted: 14 Jun 2013 22:07
That could explain it.

Which is disappointing. When someone labels something "the best X scene that I've ever seen" and the scene never existed then it tends to undermine your faith in the reviewer.

Goodgulf

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#4 | Posted: 15 Jun 2013 01:40
Yes, the spanking scene was shot, but never appeared and they did use it for the publicity stills. Maybe someone needs a spanking for false advertising.

jefesse
Male Author

USA
#5 | Posted: 15 Jun 2013 03:25
Seegee:
the spanking scene was shot, but never appeared

Cool. Maybe it still exists somewhere.

rollin
Male Member

USA
#6 | Posted: 15 Jun 2013 05:17
I think Mr. Magazine was prone to hyping all sorts of supposed mainstream spanking startles without a shred of evidence that they actually occurred.

Redskinluver
Male Author

USA
#7 | Posted: 15 Jun 2013 13:12
rollin

That is absolutely true. I remember that article and it was inaccurate as to what actually happened in several cases.
Kona Coast, there was no spanking, it got interrupted before a single smack. Yet the article said the girl got a hard spanking on her bathing suit that left her screaming and kicking in that movie. What a disappointment it was when I finally saw the scene!

jimc
Male Member

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#8 | Posted: 26 Jun 2013 00:08
from what i heard of the movie the spanking scene was in a dream sequence that Spencer Tracy was having before the wedding and while there are two spanking stills around the web about it it does not appear that the spanking scene is in any of the movies that are available (pity). I too complained about the article in MR magazine, but they said the author did stick to his research (i did find a few discrepancies myself from what the titles were and what actually happened in the movie i.e. people not even being in the movie or the spanking scene not as stated or the pictures were not from that movie (they had the picture from OUR WIFE and said it was from the movie SHE MARRIED HER BOSS and while they did have the actor right they did not have the actress right (led to a lot of confusion when i did actually find the right movies later on.) I will say that the spanking still was indeed the best i had seen, so i did let the author slide on that one. Thank you and have a great day
Jim

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#9 | Posted: 27 Jun 2013 06:00
It's nice to see that I'm not the only one disappointed with this article.

Goodgulf

Robert56
Male Author

USA
#10 | Posted: 28 Jun 2013 00:45
I would be hard pressed to believe anything I read in Mr. Magazine. All of the articles regarding spankings in the letters to the editor are surely fiction. Never the less, many of them are still fun reading for me at least. Any serious research would be beyond any articles appearing in Mr. which is long out of print by the ways. I do believe there is a site called "Spanking Facts and Research" or something like that. They have a section on "Spanking in Mainstream Movies" and there you will find legitimate research regarding spanking scenes in television and movies.

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»

Online now: Members - 4 : Guests - 9
Geoffrey, greengold, hammond, hunter
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9