LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Apology for not replying to comments

jimisim
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#1 | Posted: 11 Jun 2013 10:56
I have just remembered that I didn't reply to any of the generous comments on my last competition entry.
It is a little late now, but it coincided with a close family bereavement and replying to comments was the last thing on my mind.
Thank-you to all who commented, I try to reply promptly to all my 'commenters'.

bendover
Male Author

USA
#2 | Posted: 12 Jun 2013 02:47
Jim,

We all know you appreciate the comments. No need to apologize. Keep up the good work.

Pat aka Bendover

DJB
Male Author

England
#3 | Posted: 12 Jun 2013 08:52
My condolences Jimsin.

Can I also say that I too appreciate all of the comments made to my stories - but since the system only allows me to reply individually and I get so many - I am unable to reply in most cases.

So thanks everyone.

DJ Black

Lincoln
Male Author

England
#4 | Posted: 12 Jun 2013 09:55
I plead guilty too. I started to reply but never finished.

Can I make a collective "thank you" now please?

barb
Female Member

USA
#5 | Posted: 12 Jun 2013 19:40
My sincere condolences Jimsin - So sorry to read about your loss. My thoughts are with you.

islandcarol
Female Author

USA
#6 | Posted: 13 Jun 2013 02:31
None of us are keeping track of your comments on a challenge, Jiminism. Don't give it a second thought.I too am sorry for your loss.
Susan

Sebastian
Male Member

USA
#7 | Posted: 13 Jun 2013 03:23
I am not keeping track on any reply of comments. I have said this before but it is not always necessary to reply to all comments. One should reply to a new readers' comment so that the new reader appreciates the reply on the comment. Everyone is busy so it is always not possible to comment on each story with multiple comments. It could take a week. The writer should also reply to a comment when the readers' interpretation is completely different on the writers meaning of the story. This should be cleared up.

PhilK
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#8 | Posted: 13 Jun 2013 22:36
Sebastian:
I have said this before but it is not always necessary to reply to all comments. One should reply to a new readers' comment so that the new reader appreciates the reply on the comment. Everyone is busy so it is always not possible to comment on each story with multiple comments. It could take a week.

I disagree on this. I make a point of replying to all comments, pro or con. (99% of them are pro, luckily.) It seems to me no more than courteous, and after all how long does it take? If it's really taking you a week, Seb, you must be the most commented author in the Library - or maybe the slowest writer....

Sebastian
Male Member

USA
#9 | Posted: 14 Jun 2013 03:05
PhilK:
I disagree on this. I make a point of replying to all comments, pro or con. (99% of them are pro, luckily.) It seems to me no more than courteous, and after all how long does it take? If it's really taking you a week, Seb, you must be the most commented author in the Library - or maybe the slowest writer....

Since I am not an author, I have no reply comments. I still feel that I do not find it necessary to reply on all comments by me, especially so, if I comment quite a bit for one author. I have commented on each part of a very large series. The author still does not have to reply on each of my comments. If course, if they find something interesting that I commented on, then they reply.

Online now: Members - 9 : Guests - 9
Heaton, knicks604, myrkassi, Otkbbs51, reargunner, Rfothergill, spankedbywife, thepreacherswife, xenmur
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9