library of spanking fiction forum
LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

In need of inspiration..... and spanking!

Page  Page 2 of 2: «« 1 2
flowerchild
Female Author

USA
#11 | Posted: 10 Jun 2013 12:42
FiBlue:
What you need, like PinkAngel said, is to have faith in yourself and your own talent and not depend on another person. That gives them WAY too much power over you. You need support, and you have an abundance of it here. Just relax, read, daydream, and let your writing take care of itself. You WILL become inspired. Don't try too hard and don't over-think it.

Most excellant advice here, from us all jools.
You can find ideas anywhere. Several of my stories have been written after seeing something while doing my day to day things which for some reason caused a flash of inspriation, things which have nothing to do with TTWD.

Alef:
I suppose wrinkled, greying, male muses with a few(!) pounds too much are somewhere down at the bottom of page three?

Along with wrinkled, plump and white haired females. Hunky young men make for great pin-ups, but not real life,

smeple
Male Author

USA
#12 | Posted: 10 Jun 2013 19:49
FiBlue:
According to the Oxford Dictionary, a muse is a woman, or a force personified as a woman, who is the source of inspiration for a creative artist.

According to the Merriam-Webster Dictionary, a muse is a source of inspiration; especially : a guiding genius.

Isn't Bullwinkle a Muse? I can hear Boris and Natasha right now, saying "we will spank muse and squirrel." So, Jools, let that be your inspiration for your next story. Either that, or you can write about how certain LSF authors should get spanked for making bad puns. (Tagline: "There are no such things as bad puns; just bad punsters.").

DLandhill
Male Author

USA
#13 | Posted: 11 Jun 2013 02:33
smeple:
"There are no such things as bad puns; just bad punsters."

"Incorrigible punster, do not incorrige" I used to have a button with that printed on it.

canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#14 | Posted: 11 Jun 2013 02:40
To me a "muse" is anything that creates an emotional reaction in me. That reaction, whether it is happy or sad makes me react, sometimes positive or negative but still a reaction. I reflect on my reaction and from that many times comes the start of a story.

I start off in the first person and start writing about the feeling, then I put a situation around the feeling that I feel comfortable telling others about. Then I introduce the characters, generally of which one or more will have the same feelings about the situation as I did before I started to write.

Jools, we know your hubby is a non-spanko, so let your feelings and thoughts be down on paper, tehn change the characters and perhaps the situation, and write what you think would be a good response to your feelings. I find those things for me have started a good many stories.

The 'smilies" are for you!

CS

DLandhill
Male Author

USA
#15 | Posted: 11 Jun 2013 02:43
flowerchild:
Most excellant advice here, from us all jools.
You can find ideas anywhere. Several of my stories have been written after seeing something while doing my day to day things which for some reason caused a flash of inspriation, things which have nothing to do with TTWD.

I quite agree, Jools. There are also various ways to organize the writing process. Some of these work better for one person, some of another. Some people start with a plot moputline, some with a situation that grows into an outline, some with a character or a combination 9often a clash) of characters. Some outline obsessively, some never do any outlines at all. Itis a good idea to try several methods, but be alert to what works for YOU.

One thing I woudl suggest, if you can, find someone who is willign and able to serve as a combination proof-reader and copy-editor, who will find errors both of typing and of continuity, and things that just don't work well. it needs to be someone you trust, and who you are wiling to hear about problems from. Not everyone is willing to do this, and not everyone who might be willing will do a good job. Done thoroughly it is a lot of work. A freelance professional copy-editor gets about $500 for a 60,000 word novel, last i checked, and is underpaid. You probably won't want that level of detail, but some such checking can improve the story. Sampast and I do it on each other's writing to some extent. I have done it for a few others from time to time, not recently.

You have done well so far, keep it up.

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#16 | Posted: 11 Jun 2013 04:28
Maybe if you sit down to watch a TV show and see a situation on that which you think could be improved by the addition of a spanking and use that as a starting off point. I see that sometimes and it can often inspire me, I even get it with adverts. They've sparked a few of my stories.

jools
Female Author

New_Zealand
#17 | Posted: 12 Jun 2013 09:01
thanks everyone for some great advice. Perhaps what I need is a copy editor, (as Don suggests) and someone to bounce ideas off of, via YIM Volunteers please apply below! Hopefully it will be of gain to all in the creativity stakes

Page  Page 2 of 2: «« 1 2

Online now: Members - 11 : Guests - 5
ahowell208, anpedant, Daemon10, Hotscot, Jackmydaw, justalurkertoo, MichaelG63, misterspanker, oxford, Rain, tocciek
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9