LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Parade cover article with Stephen King

Page  Page 2 of 2: «« 1 2
Sebastian
Male Member

USA
#11 | Posted: 28 May 2013 23:53
I have read almost everything on King. He is one of my favorite authors. He had also written short stories, as well. One was "THE RAFT." I would like to see him write a story with circa 1950's or 19060's with spanking included in the plot. It doesn't have to be the dominate part but include spankings in the plot itself.

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#12 | Posted: 28 May 2013 23:56
CrimsonKidCK:
In Beverly's case, she was finally able to fight back

Yes, she was cured and will never seek spankings again - which is one of the reasons I see her life as one of abuse rather than viewing her as a spanko. Nor do I see the bully she married as a spanko. That man is a bully, plain and simple.

I didn't notice it during the early part of the book but each of the children grew and lived as they had pictured themselves as adults. One wanted to be the guy with a thousand voices on the radio and he became that person, and so on. Beverly pictured herself as a business success, but living in an abusive relationship because that's what she thought was normal (i.e. she grew up and married a guy a lot like her father).

Goodgulf

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#13 | Posted: 29 May 2013 00:01
Sebastian:
I would like to see him write a story with circa 1950's or 19060's with spanking included in the plot. It doesn't have to be the dominate part but include spankings in the plot itself.

The book It has spanking (or at least abuse) as part of the plot (for Beverly). I believe a few of the kids in The Body (filmed as Stand By Me) were worried about getting spanked as they went looking for the body. The Shining also had corporal punishment and I'm sure that Carrie's mom smacked her.

The problem with King is that he doesn't see spanking as sexy. As a result while he includes corporal punishment it is always tinged with abuse - because he seems to see it as abuse.

Goodgulf

DLandhill
Male Author

USA
#14 | Posted: 29 May 2013 02:49
In Gerald's Game the husband sees bondage games as sexy, but the wife just goes along, and at the last he goes beyond he pale into abuse by failing to honor a safeword. I don't think i have ever seen a positive character in King's works engage in erotic spanking.

CrimsonKidCK
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#15 | Posted: 29 May 2013 03:05
Goodgulf:
The book It has spanking (or at least abuse) as part of the plot (for Beverly). I believe a few of the kids in The Body (filmed as Stand By Me) were worried about getting spanked as they went looking for the body. The Shining also had corporal punishment and I'm sure that Carrie's mom smacked her.

The problem with King is that he doesn't see spanking as sexy. As a result while he includes corporal punishment it is always tinged with abuse - because he seems to see it as abuse.

Well, the intended "corporal punishment" in THE SHINING had resulted in Jack Torrance breaking his young son's arm in a fit of rage, although the guy later claimed that he'd merely been trying to spank the boy.

AFAIK there's no legitimate spanking, either punitive or erotic, in Stephen King's work--although admittedly I haven't kept up with most of his recent writing... --C.K.

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#16 | Posted: 29 May 2013 04:00
I wonder if when King's family pulled the intervention on him due to his drug and alcohol problems they ever considered spanking him instead?

DLandhill
Male Author

USA
#17 | Posted: 30 May 2013 04:20
CrimsonKidCK:
AFAIK there's no legitimate spanking, either punitive or erotic, in Stephen King's work--although admittedly I haven't kept up with most of his recent writing...

Although off-stage, there are some fairly normal punitive spankings mentioned in "The Body" if I recall correctly. But there surely aren't many.

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#18 | Posted: 30 May 2013 07:18
It made references to hot bottoms when a local cop caught the kids up to what he thought was no good.

Page  Page 2 of 2: «« 1 2

Online now: Members - 6 : Guests - 8
frogfriendly111, javajudge924, opb, rickshaw, robert1950, viking
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9