LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Anyone using writing software?

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»
gail
Female Author

Canada
#1 | Posted: 29 Apr 2013 14:22
Is anyone using any writing software like PageFour or Q10 or SmartEdit ?

Or are these too heavy duty for the type of stories and serials we tackle here ?

Guy
Male Author

USA
#2 | Posted: 29 Apr 2013 15:01
My answer is "no", but I'm surely interested! Are any of these free on the web? Anything that helps me avoid seeming like an unlettered dunce...

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#3 | Posted: 29 Apr 2013 18:01
Not at the moment, but maybe if someone posted a review of those products...

Goodgulf

rachelredbum
Female Author

USA
#4 | Posted: 30 Apr 2013 03:17
I just use MS Word 2010 and save in Rich Text Format

JessicaK
Female Author

Canada
#5 | Posted: 30 Apr 2013 04:31
Not sure what those are - I use Word and Pages on the iPad (they're more or less interoperable). Something I've used for non-fiction is mindmapping software, like Free-Mind, and I've been playing with the idea of using it for fiction, but honestly I've yet to write anything I couldn't hold in my head at one time before, although I'm hoping to.

jon7889
Male Member

USA
#6 | Posted: 30 Apr 2013 12:53
there is Open Office (www.openoffice.org), its free and similar to Office 2003.

yenz
Male Author

Denmark
#7 | Posted: 30 Apr 2013 15:43
I use Word, ser it to A5, with 1 cm margin on each side, use 12 point garamond. It makes it easy to read. I feel, that shorter lines make it easier to have a full view of the sentences

bendover
Male Author

USA
#8 | Posted: 30 Apr 2013 17:05
I use MS Word and write mine in Plain Text. Febs idea (thanks febs), which keeps me from having words disappearing, and some reappearing after I've deleted. I don't know why, but I've had a problem with that when writing in DOC then saving in TXT.

canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#9 | Posted: 30 Apr 2013 17:26
I use a grammer checker from the UK which I pay around $15 or less a year for and it has worked for me. Considering I average around 50 to 60 stories a year it is well worth it to me. I use a older version of Word (1998) and find it does a fair job in helping out with such things such as when I type 'then' instead of 'than".

If I get really stuck I have an occasional editor who helps me out with my grammer and I have sent 2 stories out for one other person to read beforehand for seeing if the story makes sense. I won't mention names here but I have certainly appreciated the help these two have given me in the past. These two people, who likely only hear from me twice a year at the most have given me valuable points to consider.

CS

myrkassi
Male Author

Scotland
SUBSCRIBER

#10 | Posted: 1 May 2013 01:38
Excuse my ignorance - but what does 'writing software' actually do? From previous comments I understand it includes spell- and grammar- checkers, but what else...?

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»

Online now: Members - 5 : Guests - 10
Alef, braedene, Chandler, oldwrangler2, OTKobsessed
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9