Bubble butt or bottom

Page  Page 3 of 4: «« 1 2 3 4 »»
CrimsonKidCK
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#21 | Posted: 23 May 2013 02:58
JessicaK:
Goodness. I've been, erm, labelled thusly a couple of times and always assumed it was an insult. Perhaps in the right crowd it's really not.

The "right crowd" would be people with 'xy' chromosome pairs, I'm figuring.

If a male says that you have a "bubblebutt," I'd estimate that 98% of the time you should feel flattered rather than insulted.

Now, what an envious female might mean in applying the term to your derriere, that's another issue... --C.K.

SNM
Male Author

USA
#22 | Posted: 23 May 2013 10:44
CrimsonKidCK:
The "right crowd" would be people with 'xy' chromosome pairs, I'm figuring.

What are lesbians?

jools
Female Author

New_Zealand
#23 | Posted: 24 May 2013 02:56
JessicaK:
Goodness. I've been, erm, labelled thusly a couple of times and always assumed it was an insult. Perhaps in the right crowd it's really not.

Well I always HATED my err prominent backside growing up, but with the number of modern songs praising that shape, I have come to see it as a definite attribute! So yes, it should be taken as a compliment! I always remember my great-aunt slapping me on the butt when I was 14, and saying "You've got such a nice big bottom." I was naturally horrified and took it as an enormous insult. It made me self-conscious of my figure for years. I wish I knew then what I know now!

Guy
Male Author

USA
#24 | Posted: 24 May 2013 12:49
jools:
I always remember my great-aunt slapping me on the butt when I was 14, and saying "You've got such a nice big bottom." I was naturally horrified and took it as an enormous insult. It made me self-conscious of my figure for years.

It's amazing how a single offhand "throwaway" comment can have a great effect (positive or negative) on a child. Us adults really need to think before engaging our jaws in their presence.

barretthunter
Male Author

England
#25 | Posted: 24 May 2013 21:25
Butt as a word for the bottom is an American usage (though it's possible it was once in British usage before being dropped) and so "bubble butt" is American too, but butt alone and bubble butt are widely recognised in the U.K. They're still not much used, though. "Move your butt!", for example, would almost never be said by a Brit, though we do sometimes talk about the "butt end" of objects and of course a rifle has a butt.

Butts are also small semi-circular shelters used to shelter and partly conceal sportspersons shooting grouse.

sfOldBoy
Male Member

USA
#26 | Posted: 25 May 2013 16:20
Butt, what's a bum barretthunter?

barretthunter
Male Author

England
#27 | Posted: 25 May 2013 17:27
Ah, yes. In America it's a travelling worker and has come to mean a disreputable, messy, valueless person. In Britain it's a bottom. So don't say an American lady has a big bum.

tiptopper
Male Author

USA
#28 | Posted: 25 May 2013 20:24
barretthunter:
Ah, yes. In America it's a travelling worker and has come to mean a disreputable, messy, valueless person. In Britain it's a bottom.

As an American i think that I can say that most Americans understand that "bum" can have either meaning depending on the context just a we understand that "mum" means mother although we usually say "mom".

When paddling in sororities was more common sometimes the common area was referred to as the "bum room" as paddlings of pledges, and sometimes other sorority sisters, frequently took place there.

sfOldBoy
Male Member

USA
#29 | Posted: 25 May 2013 21:29
The Bum Room got a Bum Rap ( or is that a Bum Wrapped?)!

barretthunter
Male Author

England
#30 | Posted: 26 May 2013 09:44
Thanks, tiptopper. I am educated. So "Halleluiah, I'm a bum" could indicate someone celebrating their outstanding feature.

Page  Page 3 of 4: «« 1 2 3 4 »»

Online now: Members - 11 : Guests - 15
Claypaul68, ferrula, jeepsterd, Nelon, opb, preston27, proudrc09, Rachel615, StefK, WilliamAllen, Zwergsocke
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9