Interesting tips

Page  Page 3 of 3: «« 1 2 3
njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#21 | Posted: 9 Apr 2013 04:09
JessicaK:
will you tell us which ones are all dialogue? Very curious to read.

None are all dialogue. I just said I came close, so that I was pretty sure it COULD be done. It wasn't something I actually accomplished (or even tried to do). And, as stated above, I'm not mentioning any titles lest I be accused of shameless plugging.

Janine
Female Validater

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#22 | Posted: 9 Apr 2013 04:14
njrick:
the reader will, but the end of the story, know pretty much exactly what the former relationship had been between the two main characters without it ever being mentioned.

Rick may not want to shamelessly plug, but I have no qualms: I believe this refers to his last story, "Looking Good."

JessicaK:
I'm not sure a spanking story could be written entirely through dialogue

There have been several, if I recall correctly; but the only one that pops into my head at the moment is a short, offbeat one by Swishswitch titled, "Frank and Ernest."

smeple
Male Author

USA
#23 | Posted: 9 Apr 2013 04:23
JessicaK:
I'm not sure a spanking story could be written entirely through dialogue - although if that's possible I'm sure someone here will manage it

One of my recent stories, "The Wind Beneath Their Cheeks," is told entirely through dialogue. It was an entry in the Keyhole Challenge Story Contest. Being a Challenge entry, it got a decent number of comments, but none mentioned that it was a "dialogue only" story.

However, I had the advantage of using real people, who were already well known - in the US, anyway - as characters. Since many readers already knew their background, and their positions, it wasn't really necessary to tell the readers much about that, and what I did need to tell, I told though mini- soliloquies. So, the dialogue alone sufficed.

Though I haven't sworn off shameless self plugging completely, I haven't done much of it either. But, since this was a request from one of our fellow LSF members, I don't consider it a shameless self-plug. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

JessicaK
Female Author

Canada
#24 | Posted: 9 Apr 2013 04:46
Off to read, and njrick, I know that what you're doing is shamelessly forcing me to read your back-catalogue in its entirety!

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#25 | Posted: 9 Apr 2013 04:51
JessicaK:
Off to read, and njrick, I know that what you're doing is shamelessly forcing me to read your back-catalogue in its entirety!

Oops. I'm busted!

FiBlue
Female Author

USA
#26 | Posted: 9 Apr 2013 05:06
JessicaK:
njrick, I know that what you're doing is shamelessly forcing me to read your back-catalogue in its entirety!

And that's even more shameless than just telling us in the first place. You're a sneaky man, Rick!

AlanBarr
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#27 | Posted: 9 Apr 2013 09:23
There's also "The Family Bizarre - A Story in Dialogue" by PhilK and my own (though it's only short and light-hearted) "Not another 100 word spanking!"

Janine
Female Validater

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#28 | Posted: 9 Apr 2013 10:01
smeple:
One of my recent stories, "The Wind Beneath Their Cheeks," is told entirely through dialogue. It was an entry in the Keyhole Challenge Story Contest. Being a Challenge entry, it got a decent number of comments, but none mentioned that it was a "dialogue only" story.

Surprising, for that narrative style would definitely have stood out in my mind (as well as the titilating title!)

Graves94
Male Author

USA
#29 | Posted: 10 Apr 2013 13:33
JessicaK:
I'm not sure a spanking story could be written entirely through dialogue

I posted a piece titled "Revelation" to spanko.net and literorica back at the end of 2008/beginning of 2009 that is entirely done with dialogue. Wrote it mostly for my own amusement; but then I guess that is true of virtually all of my spanking fiction.

Page  Page 3 of 3: «« 1 2 3

Online now: Members - 7 : Guests - 9
Balor, Darkzone, jenwish, KinkyKangaroo46, spanksandsuch, tocciek, tomd
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9