LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

SIN/Spanko paysite only now?

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»
Redskinluver
Male Author

USA
#1 | Posted: 2 Apr 2013 22:33
Anybody else visit there? Got page yesterday when I tried to go there that my account had been de-activated and there was all this stuff about payment options. Is it pay only now?
Had not been here in a long time, only read stories and occasionally go to chat, did not download videos.
Not that I am cheap, I simply do not want to give out financial info to some billing company I know nothing about. Have heard too many horror stories about what has happened when people have had recurring billing agreements, not being able to cancel and stuff like that.

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#2 | Posted: 2 Apr 2013 22:42
That's a bit of a shame, RSL. I wonder if any of the stories that many of us posted there are still available for free.

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#3 | Posted: 2 Apr 2013 23:14
I'm still a member.

That's where I still post first - hoping that people will point out some of the typos.

I've got a blog there.

And I don't pay.

Maybe I'm grandfathered?

Nope - go to http://www.spanko.net/ and you'll see a "register for free" option.

Goodgulf

Sebastian
Male Member

USA
#4 | Posted: 3 Apr 2013 06:12
The spanko.net site has been free to me. No fee for registering.

DLandhill
Male Author

USA
#5 | Posted: 3 Apr 2013 12:55
I was just able to log in and chat there. No problems, not even the ad for their paid upgrade which I often see when I visit. Looks much as always.

Redskinluver
Male Author

USA
#6 | Posted: 3 Apr 2013 15:02
When I type in the URL all I get is the page about reactivating my account. I sent an email yesterday inquiring but have gotten no reply back.
I also posted about this over at MySpankingForum and someone else said the same thing happened to him. He said he was on chat and the admin came on said he was tired of begging people to pay, and then the person got booted.
I wonder if I may have attracted his attention when I asked on chat about why was it I couldnt find someone's profile whom I had friended just the day before. He answered that they likley had cancelled their registration but would still show up on friends list. Who knows.
Does not seem like a very professional way to do business. Why not just announce to all members that after a certain date everyone must pay to enter?
Mayne those here who got on just have not been noticed yet.

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#7 | Posted: 3 Apr 2013 15:57
You type in "www.spanko.net" and it immediately redirects you to a page about reactiving your account?

Weird, it doesn't do that with me.

Or do you mean that when you try to register as a new user with your regular email address the system says "Hey, I know that email" and sends you to a reactivation screen?

Here's an idea: get a new email account and try to register as a new member. That way you will be able to tell if the site is blocking new free members or if it's just a problem with your account. As for response times - they tend to suck on most sites, but maybe paid members get a faster turnaround time than those of us who go the free route?

All I can really say is that I can log into a free account - as I've been able to do for more than a dozen years.

Goodgulf

Redskinluver
Male Author

USA
#8 | Posted: 3 Apr 2013 17:21
I can't even get to the registration page. Get this reactivation page with my screen name in left upper corner. Its like I am blocked.
You were not booted or de-activated so that is likely why you still get in

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#9 | Posted: 3 Apr 2013 17:49
Suggestion:
Empty your cookies.
Create a new email address.
See if you can rejoin that way.

Or maybe check your spam folder. Reactivation emails often get caught up in spam filters. Try searching on spanko.net in the spam folder and you might find a bunch of emails there.

Goodgulf

Redskinluver
Male Author

USA
#10 | Posted: 3 Apr 2013 18:08
Have done that. Created new email address especially for contacting them about the problem. But cannot get to the page for registration. Its like they have blocked my computer or something.
No longer use the original address I used to join in 2005.
As I say, no reply. And yes, I check the spam folder regularly.

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»

Online now: Members - 7 : Guests - 8
Balor, Darkzone, jenwish, KinkyKangaroo46, spanksandsuch, tocciek, tomd
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9