The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Getting into the writing zone

Page  Page 3 of 3: «« 1 2 3
Graves94
Male Author

USA
#21 | Posted: 19 Mar 2013 13:46
rollin:
Writing is something you can't force. The ideas come or they don't and when they do it's not always a convenient time.

I'm impressed by (and envious of) the real pros who treat writing like an occupation--four to eight hours a day, six days a week--and are able to produce a really creditable body of work. If only I had such self discipline.

My entry in the Challenge was an early morning inspiration. I did not originally intend to produce an entry, and was not thinking in that direction; but suddenly, the story was just there, almost complete. Of course it remains to be seen whether this particular early-morning inspiration proves to be worth the loss of sleep. ;>)

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#22 | Posted: 19 Mar 2013 22:54
You really have to be doing it to make a living to do it that way Graves. I do know of an author who gets 3 books a year out and holds down a full time job. I don't know how she does it. She either doesn't sleep or she's cloned herself.

DLandhill
Male Author

USA
#23 | Posted: 20 Mar 2013 03:08
rollin:
Writing is something you can't force. The ideas come or they don't and when they do it's not always a convenient time

Actually i find that I can force it. The results are usually not my best, often merely competent and not always that. But I can say "today I'm going to write a story to fit the XYZ challenge" or "On the QRS theme" and do it. I usually don't do that, but when there seems to be a reason i find that I can.

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#24 | Posted: 20 Mar 2013 03:20
DLandhill:
Actually i find that I can force it. The results are usually not my best

MOST of my best stories have been ones that simply flowed with no effort. There are a few, however, that I've really had to wrestle with that have also turned out great. Then there are those that did not.

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#25 | Posted: 20 Mar 2013 05:26
I aim for a certain number of words every day, but I generally find I've had what I write that day sketched out in my head before I sit down to actually write it.

Page  Page 3 of 3: «« 1 2 3

Online now: Members - 8 : Guests - 11
ahowell208, ArthurRanc, Bailey30, cecerege, Gecko, Nelon, rjm257, tiger123
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9