LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Getting into the writing zone

Page  Page 1 of 3: 1 2 3 »»
gail
Female Author

Canada
#1 | Posted: 17 Mar 2013 01:55
I know that some authors here complain about writer's block; what I find is the basic ideas are there all the time, but the inspiration and the break-through phrases come to me in the middle of the night while lying in bed. I am not sure it would be appreciated, in fact I know it wouldn't, if I got out of bed and became a nocturnal writer.

Bottom line, I often find a disconnect between the times when I am inspired and the times when it is convenient for me to write.

Hmmm...not sure why I chose to write that here, just felt inspired, I guess !

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#2 | Posted: 17 Mar 2013 02:03
gail:
I know that some authors here complain about writer's block

True. Then there are those of us to embrace it! We revel in it! It gives meaning to our existence!

Guy
Male Author

USA
#3 | Posted: 17 Mar 2013 02:20
gail:
but the inspiration and the break-through phrases come to me in the middle of the night while lying in bed.

Me too! Especially in that dreamy half-awake time. It's not just a fiction thing either. When I was a college student some of my best academic papers were literally born in bed. And yes, some worthwhile ideas are lost forever because I don't leap out of bed to write them down.

Alef
Male Author

Norway
#4 | Posted: 17 Mar 2013 07:38
Guy:
And yes, some worthwhile ideas are lost forever because I don't leap out of bed to write them down.

And some worthwhile sleep is lost because one leaps out of bed to write down things that turn out to be absolute rubbish the next morning. It works both ways, but should never be neglected if one wants to come up with ideas that are different from the ones one has had before.

gail
Female Author

Canada
#5 | Posted: 17 Mar 2013 10:22
njrick:
True. Then there are those of us to embrace it! We revel in it! It gives meaning to our existence

Rick, that's a pretty snippy response. I think I am going to report you to Flopsy for unseemly behavior in what is meant to be a risk free, non-judgmental forum.

jools
Female Author

New_Zealand
#6 | Posted: 17 Mar 2013 10:34
gail:
meant to be a risk free, non-judgmental forum.

How can it be risk free when Gail is so keen to spank! hehe

And yes I know exactly what u mean about the nocturnal ideas flowing more freely! that is such a pain. I have often leapt out of bed to scribble down ideas! This usually happens when I am in the middle of writing something, and not generally out of the blue!

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#7 | Posted: 17 Mar 2013 12:28
gail:
Rick, that's a pretty snippy response.

I am shocked at your reaction. My response was't snippy at all - it was a spontaneous and exuberant declaration about my own condition. I can't imagine why it would be taken any other way.

ChardT
Male Author

SUBSCRIBER

#8 | Posted: 17 Mar 2013 12:36
I never have any trouble coming up with story ideas, but there are long stretches where I just don't feel like writing and I have to be in the mood to write well.

FiBlue
Female Author

USA
#9 | Posted: 17 Mar 2013 14:32
ChardT:
I never have any trouble coming up with story ideas, but there are long stretches where I just don't feel like writing and I have to be in the mood to write well.

This sounds just like me. When I think of an idea for a story, I try to at least get an outline down before it leaves me. I have lots of outlines done for stories that I haven't been inspired to actually write. Not sure I would say I ever write well, but if I am not in the mood, it is much harder to put two sentences together, and some days I just can't seem to do it.

gail
Female Author

Canada
#10 | Posted: 17 Mar 2013 14:45
FiBlue:
Not sure I would say I ever write well,

Excuse my un-ladylike expression, but what un-adulterated crap !!!!

Go join Rick in the snippy, self-sympathy corner, girl !

Page  Page 1 of 3: 1 2 3 »»

Online now: Members - 9 : Guests - 12
Alef, baker551, Balor, daveyboy, jtaylor75, Norskpike, Steve0958, valentin, wooz1111
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9