LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Help Digressions: The Art of Commenting

Page  Page 3 of 5: «« 1 2 3 4 5 »»
gail
Female Author

Canada
#21 | Posted: 9 Feb 2013 15:08
I admit that I am addicted to reading the "commented " column. Like the movie reviews column, they are both useful and entertaining.

I guess I now need to find a support group to help me over this as flopsy and Alef have pointed out the errors of my ways.

Alef
Male Author

Norway
#22 | Posted: 9 Feb 2013 15:15
gail:
flopsy and Alef have pointed out the errors of my ways.

To my knowledge, I have never pointed out the errors of your ways, and definitely not this way — I am an avid reader of the comment column myself, and find many suggestions for stories to read there.

gail
Female Author

Canada
#23 | Posted: 9 Feb 2013 15:34
flopsybunny:
Alef:
We must be careful not to turn commenting into an art or a science and scare would-be commenters away.

Alef......this.

gail
Female Author

Canada
#24 | Posted: 9 Feb 2013 15:37
njrick:
You both are!

Rick, you made me laugh.This is like a parent responding to her two children fighting over who is the favorite child.

rollin
Male Member

USA
#25 | Posted: 9 Feb 2013 15:38
I'm with gail. Looking at the "commented" column gives me insight as to what people like or don't like. But I have to confess it doesn't affect my writing because I don't attempt to cater to what most seem to like. I just get ideas and run with them even if I know the resulting story is not going to be very popular (witness my recent WW2 spy drama). Still, looking at the comments is addictive.

Alef
Male Author

Norway
#26 | Posted: 9 Feb 2013 16:07
gail:
flopsybunny:
Alef:
We must be careful not to turn commenting into an art or a science and scare would-be commenters away.

Alef......this.

Oh, I am sorry! I was under the delusion that it was only your stories you insisted on turning into pieces of art. But your comments, as well then.....

gail
Female Author

Canada
#27 | Posted: 9 Feb 2013 16:39
Alef:
But your comments, as well then

Read a set of comments from IC...they most certainly are mini-works of art.

Alef
Male Author

Norway
#28 | Posted: 9 Feb 2013 16:48
gail:
Read a set of comments from IC...they most certainly are mini-works of art.

I know! There are some very good commenters here. We should appreciate them, but not let them intimidate us. And one day I am going to write an absolutely fabulous comment

islandcarol
Female Author

USA
#29 | Posted: 10 Feb 2013 12:34
rollin:
I'm with gail. Looking at the "commented" column gives me insight as to what people like or don't like. But I have to confess it doesn't affect my writing

I so agree, Rollin.
Sometimes I study the comments and occasionally agree with another comment and might mention that. Others times there are parts of the story that were not clear to me and someone's comment informs me. And the best board has lots of comments and discussion on the motivations of characters or their intrinsic goodness or wickedness or fairness. I'm never comfortable seeing an older story that has a virgin comment board, especially when I notice there have been a great many views.
Do any of you find you can predict a comment another reader might make? After awhile I begin to know certain commenter's taste. I know those align with mine because I find us reading and commenting the same stories again and again. Commenting is critical to building community.

FiBlue
Female Author

USA
#30 | Posted: 10 Feb 2013 13:48
islandcarol:
Commenting is critical to building community.

I couldn't agree more. I feel that I know some of the members here through their many thoughtful comments. It is one thing that sets this site apart in addition to the quality of the stories.

Page  Page 3 of 5: «« 1 2 3 4 5 »»

Online now: Members - 6 : Guests - 15
brandispank, kevincnil, Maelstrom, Matteo69, Mcdonald112358, redtommes
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9