LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Help Digressions: The Art of Commenting

Page  Page 2 of 5: «« 1 2 3 4 5 »»
FiBlue
Female Author

USA
#11 | Posted: 6 Feb 2013 16:44
One thing that I have found tricky is finding a way to mention a particular point that stood out to me without giving away a surprise ending or other twist.

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#12 | Posted: 6 Feb 2013 21:06
I review books as a hobby elsewhere on the 'net and you get good at being vague enough so you don't spoil things. Be useful if we could have spoiler tags here so that way you could encase your point in them and if someone clicks and reveals the spoiler then they at least had the option.

flopsybunny
Female Head Librarian

England
SUBSCRIBER

#13 | Posted: 6 Feb 2013 23:55
Alef:
We must be careful not to turn commenting into an art or a science and scare would-be commenters away.

I absolutely agree, Alef. I know that some of the newer members are under the impression that one has to comment in great detail on every story they read, which isn't the case at all.

We need to make 2 comments out of every 500 stories read. Of course, we hope that readers will comment more frequently than that, as a way of showing their appreciation to the authors. We like to see more than a cursory "good story" as a comment, but an essay isn't required, just a couple of lines for the stories you have particularly enjoyed reading, saying why you liked them.

smartfulcodger
Male Author

USA
#14 | Posted: 7 Feb 2013 13:36
I always intend to keep my comments short, but I seem to get carried away and then the next thing I know, I've written an essay.

tysout
Male Author

Scotland
#15 | Posted: 8 Feb 2013 07:14
smartfulcodger:
I always intend to keep my comments short, but I seem to get carried away and then the next thing I know, I've written an essay.

I'll keep a look out for that SC and send you a comment on your comment.

opb
Male Author

England
#16 | Posted: 8 Feb 2013 07:57
FiBlue:
One thing that I have found tricky is finding a way to mention a particular point that stood out to me without giving away a surprise ending or other twist.

That's not occurred to me before. I suppose this is because I usually only look at the comments after I've read the story, but I suppose there are folk who want to use others' comments to get an impression as to whether they's enjoy a particular piece.

FiBlue
Female Author

USA
#17 | Posted: 8 Feb 2013 14:02
opb:
I suppose there are folk who want to use others' comments to get an impression as to whether they's enjoy a particular piece.

I frequently look through the latest comments section when selecting a story to read.

MikeBrown
Male Member

USA
#18 | Posted: 8 Feb 2013 16:57
I may be in the group of stupid commenters ; but if the author has spent time writing a story that appeals to my particular taste, I feel compelled to a least write a thank you for a great story note. After all, the author did spend time crafting the story that appears here,and the note of thanks is genuine. I don't write negative comments because I am not an author, and do not really feel qualified to negatively comment on someone's efforts. I am just thankful to have a library of spanking fiction where I can read good quality spanking fiction.

islandcarol
Female Author

USA
#19 | Posted: 9 Feb 2013 11:48
gail:
Writing is one skill, but positive critique is something else, and I am envious of those who can do it well.

I am thrilled to be mentioned as a good commenter. I try not to actually critique when I comment, but I do like to point out a character that was drawn well or the pacing of the story or the seismic quality of the spanking description. I also enjoy reading the characters inner thoughts. And I am frequently in awe of the innovative descriptions so many authors invent to narrate spankings. As a number of authors are aware, I love happy endings and dislike unfairness or injustice. And Bendover, you are a marvelous commenter!
IC

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#20 | Posted: 9 Feb 2013 12:47
MikeBrown:
I may be in the group of stupid commenters

There's no such thing as a stupid commenter! Just stupid comments.

MikeBrown:
I feel compelled to a least write a thank you for a great story note.

...and if THAT is a stupid comment, feel free to leave stupid comments on all my stories.

islandcarol:
I do like to point out a character that was drawn well or the pacing of the story or the seismic quality of the spanking description.

All good reasons for comments. I especially like the "seismic" bit.

islandcarol:
I am thrilled to be mentioned as a good commenter. And Bendover, you are a marvelous commenter!

You both are!

Page  Page 2 of 5: «« 1 2 3 4 5 »»

Online now: Members - 11 : Guests - 9
78spank, BibG, DjZolt, dougmorton, dusty333, ntytina, samiyahD, Seegee, seiryu, vanillayes, Zangoose
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9