The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Pogo: Albert spanks Mama Bear.

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»
Wheatwine
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#1 | Posted: 24 Jan 2013 00:13
I'm reading a collection of the Pogo newspaper strips. In one sequence, Albert the Alligator is playing with two children of the swamp. (A baby raccoon and a baby alligator) He decides they will act out the story of "Goldie Lox and the Four Bears." (He ignores the children's protests that there were only three bears.) While on the way to grandma's house, Albert encounters a family of real bears. He thinks the children have outstanding costumes. He decides mama Bear isn't acting enough like a real bear, so he turns her over his knee and spanks her (pun intended) bear bottom. The spanking scene was in the Sunday, April 29th, 1951 strip, although the story leading up to it began on April 1st.

Bogiephil1
Male Author

USA
#2 | Posted: 24 Jan 2013 19:56
She has met the enemy and he is Albert...

Wheatwine
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#3 | Posted: 24 Jan 2013 23:33
Thank God! Somebody else remembers Pogo.

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#4 | Posted: 25 Jan 2013 00:05
Wheatwine:
Somebody else remembers Pogo.

Only when Friday the 13th falls on a Thursday.

bendover
Male Author

USA
#5 | Posted: 25 Jan 2013 02:51
I remember Pogo, too. I'll have to check on that one.

Bogiephil1
Male Author

USA
#6 | Posted: 25 Jan 2013 18:34
Wheatwine:
Thank God! Somebody else remembers Pogo.

I remember Al Capp too. And L'il Abner and Daisy Mae and Moonshine McJugs and the Schmoos...

Wheatwine
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#7 | Posted: 25 Jan 2013 19:28
You have incredibly good taste. I regard Pogo to be one of the 10 best comic strips ever. But L'il Abner was better! It is one of the 3 best comic strips ever (along with Prince Valiant and Flash Gordon) I have 27 books collecting the L'il Abner daily strips from 1934-1961. The publisher planned to do a complete run of the daily and Sunday strips, but went out of business after publishing 27 volumes. Another publisher reprinted the Frazetta Sunday strips in 4 hardcover volumes. (Frank Frazetta was a ghost artist on Li'l Abner from the mid '50s to the early '60s, meaning, he drew the strips and Al Capp signed them. This is not to demean Al Capp. I regard him to be the best comic strip writer ever, and he always decided what the storyline was going to be. Now still another publisher has began to publish both the Sunday and daily strips together, beginning at 1934 again. I almost didn't collect this books from the latest publisher because,1. I already had the daily strips, and 2. there is no guarantee that this long running strip will be completely reprinted this time either. I finally decided to, because there is probably no other way I will ever get the early Sunday strips, and the project is more likely to be successfully completed with my support than without it. BTW, Li'l Abner did sometimes feature spankings. His mother, Pansy Yokum ruled her family with much love, but was quite willing and able to take her grown son, L'il Abner, and her husband to the woodshed for a serious butt warming when she felt either of them needed it. I don't recall that she ever spanked her other son, Tiny. But he was such a good, kind person, that he probably never needed spanking.

Bogiephil1
Male Author

USA
#8 | Posted: 25 Jan 2013 19:59
Frank Frazetta was an excellent artist in his own right and a great fantasy artist as well. He did some wonderfully sexy female fantasy warriors/superheroines, etc.

I also remember Barney Google and Snuffy Smith. Snuffy's wife frequently disciplined their young nephew (I forget his name. He wore a coonskin cap.) with spankings of one kind or another.

Pogo featured a lot of social commentary (disguised as humor sometimes) and a lot of it looks quite prescient these days. I miss Al Capp...

Redskinluver
Male Author

USA
#9 | Posted: 26 Jan 2013 16:30
Pogo was a great comic. And that quote about the enemy- 0ne of my favorites.
Yes, there was spankings in L'il Abner. Besides those mentioned,Abner did spank Daisy Mae, and Ma Yokum spanked at least one "Citified" girl. CSR has more info.
Snuffy Smith's nephew was was "Jughaid" btw.
Of course, the greatest comic spanking scenes were from The Phantom.

Bogiephil1
Male Author

USA
#10 | Posted: 26 Jan 2013 18:47
Yeah, "Jughead". Now I remember... Thanks.

I remember the Phantom too. There were also more than a few references and a few actual spankings in Steve Canyon over the years. And Prince Valiant too...

Sometimes you see a spanking reference in the comic pages or on a regular TV show back in the 60's and you'd just treasure it without telling anyone why. I remember cutting out some of those strips from the newspaper and keeping them in my room. Needed to hide them pretty good to keep my mom from finding them when she was "cleaning" my room...

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»

Online now: Members - 6 : Guests - 14
jones977, mrswitcheroo, phillipuk, samos, Sandysmith9207, westviking
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9