The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Really Spanked or Not?

Page  Page 3 of 3: «« 1 2 3
Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#21 | Posted: 23 Dec 2012 01:06
There was also a story about Mork and Mindy where Mindy was meant to come into the bathroom whilst Mork was in the shower, he'd drop the towel that was covering him and she'd be suitably shocked. In reality because they were filming him above the waist only Robin Williams would still be wearing the towel. He doubted the ability of co star Pam Dawber to feign the shock, so when they filmed it he dropped the towel for real. She was very shocked.

Bogiephil1
Male Author

USA
#22 | Posted: 23 Dec 2012 14:56
Goodgulf:
Directors are so cruel to actors, aren't they? They will do anything they have to in order to make a movie that fits with their vision.

I'm pretty sure it was Otto Preminger who allegedly said: "Actors are like cattle and should be treated as such..."

PhilK
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#23 | Posted: 23 Dec 2012 18:46
Bogiephil1:
I'm pretty sure it was Otto Preminger who allegedly said: "Actors are like cattle and should be treated as such..."

No, that was Hitchcock again. Carole Lombard got back at him for that remark - when he was about to start shooting Mr and Mrs Smith she brought three cows into the studio, hung signs round their necks reading 'Carole', 'Robert' and 'Gene' (her co-stars) and left them there for Hitch to discover when he arrived. Apparently he saw the joke.

Preminger notoriously treated his actors far worse than Hitch generally did. When he was shooting The Cardinal his treatment of his young lead actor, Tom Tryon, so appalled John Huston, who had a supporting role, that he took Preminger aside and said, "Otto, you're reducing that poor boy to a nervous wreck. You need to help him relax." "Ach, so?" said Preminger. "Very well." He marched on to the floor where Tryon was standing quivering with nerves, came up behind him and bellowed in his ear, "RELAX!!" Tryon quit acting not long afterwards....

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#24 | Posted: 23 Dec 2012 19:36
That doesn't surprise me, Carole Lombard was famous for her practical jokes.

Bogiephil1
Male Author

USA
#25 | Posted: 23 Dec 2012 19:58
PhilK:
Preminger notoriously treated his actors far worse than Hitch generally did. When he was shooting The Cardinal his treatment of his young lead actor, Tom Tryon, so appalled John Huston, who had a supporting role, that he took Preminger aside and said, "Otto, you're reducing that poor boy to a nervous wreck. You need to help him relax." "Ach, so?" said Preminger. "Very well." He marched on to the floor where Tryon was standing quivering with nerves, came up behind him and bellowed in his ear, "RELAX!!" Tryon quit acting not long afterwards....

I seem to recall Tom Tryon became a prominent author, at least for a while...

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#26 | Posted: 24 Dec 2012 14:22
Going back to the question at the start of this thread, I'd have to say that most of the early juvenile spankings were real.

Mostly because it was normal to spank kids back then.

There's even a scene where America's Little Sweetheart - Shirley Temple - was spanked for a film. It didn't make it into the movie, but there's a mention of it in her autobiography. http://www.spankfacts.freewebspace.com/winkie.htm has an excerpt about.

Goodgulf

Page  Page 3 of 3: «« 1 2 3

Online now: Members - 7 : Guests - 5
andreas1981, FiddlersGreen, greengold, phillipuk, rokiesthorse1, Schoyce1, TheRealMrT
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9