LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

How long does it take you?

Page  Page 3 of 3: «« 1 2 3
Patron
Male Author

USA
#21 | Posted: 4 Mar 2013 15:58
Usually a couple of hours per chapter. I don't like to get up unless there is some kind of conclusions. Some quick shorts might be faster.

Cal33
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#22 | Posted: 4 Mar 2013 19:02
Like others here, I can write a story that length (2500 wds) in a day or two, but then I spend several days or several weeks proofing and re-writing, usually cutting down on the length. For me, the most frustrating part of writing is that after I've submitted a story to KLSF, I'll later read it and think, Darn, now I see a better way to describe that part of the plot.

Tcheser
Male Author

USA
#23 | Posted: 5 Mar 2013 02:11
It varies. Sometimes it takes a couple hours and sometimes it takes years. Naturally the ones that take years are ones I pick up after abandoning. It isn't like I work steadily on them for years or anything. I think it depends on your style and the subject matter. Some styles of writing are more demanding than others. And if you know a subject very well it will be easier to write and thus most likely quicker.

islandcarol
Female Author

USA
#24 | Posted: 5 Mar 2013 04:13
gail:
Alef, we women call that foreplay, and we love it !
  Page: 1 2 3 »»

I don't sit down and write an entire piece of anything in one sitting. I do a draft and just write, then the next time I sit down I reread what I wrote the previous time and revise before I continue. I like every sentence to flow. So that process might go for a number of days before I finish, even though I'm revising and editing I still wind up with typos or words processed out of order. My issue is that I'm a terrible keyboarder-I have to look at the keyboard and I have a right and left orientation issue. I'll think the letter K and my fingers will type the letter D. It is kind of crazy. These days though My Hub will edit. Although he's not interested in spanking lit, he has eagle eyes and rarely misses a trick.
islandcarol

FiBlue
Female Author

USA
#25 | Posted: 5 Mar 2013 14:00
Every time I sit down to write, I start reading back from the beginning and get caught up in editing what I have already done. It's a good thing I don't try to write novels.

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#26 | Posted: 5 Mar 2013 14:23
There are some stories that have sat half finished for years before I get back to them. Then there a some that I sit down, start to write, and finish in a few few hours.

Hmm... When I say "finish" I mean the story is written out, not that it is ready for posting. I generally have to leave things for several days before my mind stops 'auto correcting' things. Since I know what I mean to write I overlook missing words, misused words, errors in tense, and countless other things that become clear a few days later.

Sometimes I'll decide to change how a sentence is structured but somehow only change part of it.
For example:
All she could was sit and wait.
Could get rewritten to:
After removing her panties she sat and wait.

Of course since I changed the tense for 'sit/sat' I needed to change 'wait' to 'waited', but when the muse is flowing I'll sometimes miss that and when I glance over that line I'll read:
After removing her panties she sat and waited.

So I have to age things to the point where I can read it and not mentally fix all the errors.

Goodgulf
Edited to add:
And it doesn't help that I intentional "misspell words" - or rather I use actual words that I don't add to my custom dictionary. For some reason the standard dictionaries lack birchings, slippering, smackings, and other frequently used words for corporal punishment.

Page  Page 3 of 3: «« 1 2 3

Online now: Members - 5 : Guests - 11
Flatfish, proudrc09, Salguod, SlippersSting, snowyowl779
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9