library of spanking fiction forum
LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Sequels

Hotspur
Male Author

South_Africa
#1 | Posted: 12 Dec 2012 16:14
I decided that due to the number of words allowed, I couldn't take my entry for the Keyhole Challenge to its logical conclusion. I therefore elected to write a sequel.

If we can take the number of comments received as a rough guide as to how well a story has been accepted by the readers, then the original was far more successful. The original story attracted 31 comments and the sequel up to now has only received 4.

I do know that sequels to successful movies do not always do well as the box office. Does the same principle apply here?

Guy
Male Author

USA
#2 | Posted: 12 Dec 2012 16:24
Hotspur:
I do know that sequels to successful movies do not always do well as the box office. Does the same principle apply here?

It's just that the challenge entries received a magnificent number of comments this time. So welcome back to everyday reality!

flopsybunny
Female Head Librarian

England
SUBSCRIBER

#3 | Posted: 12 Dec 2012 16:26
The challenge entries receive a disproportionate number of comments - many more comments than they normally would, as readers make a huge effort to show their appreciation for contributions to the challenges by commenting on every story (or most of them). So it follows that any sequels published subsequently won't get as many plaudits.

It doesn't matter though, as long as you are happy with it.

corncrake
Female Author

Scotland
#4 | Posted: 12 Dec 2012 16:41
In my opinion, it's impossible to make a true comparison between a challenge entry and a 'regular' contribution in terms of commenting. This most recent challenge was more 'extreme' than most in that, in order to be fair and make 94 comments, a great deal of time - in a very concentrated period - was required of willing but busy members.

Quite often, lack of response need not always imply lack of interest but perhaps just shortage of time in otherwise busy lives.

I make a point of responding to this, as I thoroughly enjoyed the 'first' part of your story ( on which I commented as part of the challenge ) and remember also being delighted with the very welcome sequel, but once I had validated it there were others to do and I felt less pressurised to comment right at that moment.

Incidentally, I do think that we should all be careful that we don't use comments received - or not - as the ultimate measure of success.

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#5 | Posted: 12 Dec 2012 20:07
Every story that I submitted to the last challenge is now on the "top ten commented stories" list on my stats page.

I think the act of voting encouraged people to comment.

Goodgulf

Hotspur
Male Author

South_Africa
#6 | Posted: 13 Dec 2012 14:32
I must admit that the title I gave my sequel, 'Back To School 2' was not very imaginative.

The best title I ever heard for a sequel was for the movie, 'The Virgin Queen' which was a historical drama filmed back in the 50's starring Bette Davis as Elizabeth 1. I don't for a moment believe that it's true but the story goes that somebody in Hollywood apparently suggested that the sequel should be called 'Son Of The Virgin Queen.'

Hotspur
Male Author

South_Africa
#7 | Posted: 14 Dec 2012 14:21
In today's online Daily mail:

"Kate's sister discovers a cheeky sense of humour.

The Duchess of Cambridge's sister, known as much for her shapely derriere as her royal connections, says she has already come up with the perfect follow-up to her book Celebrate!

'Maybe I should write a sequel and call it Bottoms Up,' she says in this week's edition of The Spectator."

Now that could be a bestseller.

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#8 | Posted: 14 Dec 2012 19:38
Only if it was illustrated. We've seen a blurry photo of Kate lowering a bikini bottom for her husband (alas, only so he could apply sun lotion) so why not some photos of Pippa getting her posterior popped?

Goodgulf

Online now: Members - 8 : Guests - 8
Hilip, luciddusk, ntytina, spanki1962, stuartray, terminator2589, Tony22304, umbongo
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9