library of spanking fiction forum
LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Favorites - anyway to see who has favorite'd+ subscrpitions ?

Page  Page 2 of 3: «« 1 2 3 »»
SNM
Male Author

USA
#11 | Posted: 11 Dec 2012 02:11
rollin:
I don't need to know "who" marked something a favorite, but it would be nice to know "what" was marked as a fav. I see the counter advance and I wonder what story was just marked. But I don't suppose there is any way to know that---or is there?

This.

Sebastian
Male Member

USA
#12 | Posted: 11 Dec 2012 03:00
When I first started with the LSF, I wanted to use the "favorite" list as a place to relocate my REALLY erotic stories that are not only good stories but quite a turn-on. I believe that I defeated that purpose. I have so many "favorites." I really wanted to go back and reread these stories, from time to time. What happened is that there were too many stories that were becoming favorites and now I forgot which stories were really erotic and which were just very good. There ended up a lot of stories that were very good and actually deserved a "favorite" listing. For me, it got out of hand. Today, I rarely indicate a "favorite" story even if it meets all of my criteria. I don't even have the time to go back and to look at all of my "favorites." So...that takes care of my "favorites."
Now...the next list is a list for "erotic" stories for that person (LOLOLO). Forget about how good is the quality.

opb
Male Author

England
#13 | Posted: 11 Dec 2012 08:50
gail:
JohnH:
They would possibly wish to tailor writing styles so they are confident they will appeal to a broad spectrum.

hmmmm...actually John, I write for myself, in a set of genre's and styles that I know will have a limited readership. I have no inclination to write for the tabloid set.

I am in agreement with gail. For my part I don't think I'd make a good job of writing something just because it was popular with the bulk of readers here. My stats will bear this out. Interestingly the songs seem to be much more popular than my stories.

AlanBarr
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#14 | Posted: 11 Dec 2012 11:10
My favourites are going down, not up, at the moment. I'm in recession!

Alef
Male Author

Norway
#15 | Posted: 11 Dec 2012 11:43
AlanBarr:
My favourites are going down, not up, at the moment. I'm in recession!

I have experienced that, too. I think the explanation is that some readers use favorites as bookmarks to keep track of stories they want to read or come back to later....

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#16 | Posted: 11 Dec 2012 13:24
Given all that everyone has said, and my own experience, I would conclude that, generally, when it comes to "favorites" for an author, more is better, but there are far too many factors at play to read too much into the addition (or deletion) of a favorite for a given story.

rollin
Male Member

USA
#17 | Posted: 11 Dec 2012 14:52
Did anyone have this experience? My recent challenge entries were moved to my author page along with the comments and the favorites indicated for each. The comments were dutifully added to my grand total, but the favorites were not. In other words my cumulative fav count does not include the recent challenge entries. Is there a reason for that? Now only someone obsessed with statistics would care, but I'm a left brain kind of guy and things like this nag at my scientific method compulsiveness.

flopsybunny
Female Head Librarian

England
SUBSCRIBER

#18 | Posted: 11 Dec 2012 19:34
rollin:
Did anyone have this experience? My recent challenge entries were moved to my author page along with the comments and the favorites indicated for each. The comments were dutifully added to my grand total, but the favorites were not. In other words my cumulative fav count does not include the recent challenge entries. Is there a reason for that? Now only someone obsessed with statistics would care, but I'm a left brain kind of guy and things like this nag at my scientific method compulsiveness.

We've checked it out and your favourites total is correct, Rollin. Readers have obviously 'unfavourited' some of your stories in the interim. I wouldn't worry about it!

TheEnglishMaster
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#19 | Posted: 11 Dec 2012 19:34
I, too, am a helplessly addicted stat-prat. Like Alan Barr, I've also found my favourites total falling at times, as readers de-favourite those they've presumably grown out of.

I've also found that the tally at the top of my author page quite often doesn't match the total of favourites indicated in the list of texts. Given the heat we generate in the universe with TTWD, I ascribe this mismatch to a spanko variation on the Special Theory of Relativity, and have learned to relax and enjoy it. Too much perfection is an affront to the Deity.

rollin
Male Member

USA
#20 | Posted: 11 Dec 2012 19:41
That answers that. The fav count is a dynamic number, ever changing, driven by the winds of chance and whim...

Page  Page 2 of 3: «« 1 2 3 »»

Online now: Members - 9 : Guests - 3
Billtu, davenhall, john4, kanestrokes, Kman22, ldbill, spankmarcel, Tiredny, Unfortunate
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9