LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

R.I.P. Larry Hagman

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»
bendover
Male Author

USA
#1 | Posted: 24 Nov 2012 07:18
R.I.P. Larry Hagman. He was famous for his role in 'Dallas," and his famous sitcom with Barbara Eden in "I Dream Of Jeanie." Mr. Hagman was 81.

CrimsonKidCK
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#2 | Posted: 24 Nov 2012 07:52
bendover:
R.I.P. Larry Hagman. He was famous for his role in 'Dallas," and his famous sitcom with Barbara Eden in "I Dream Of Jeanie." Mr. Hagman was 81.

AFAIK Mr. Hagman's one rather straightlaced character never had a spanking relationship with Jeannie (Barbara Eden), even though she had to obey his wishes, nor did his other one, the ruthlessly manipulative J.R. Ewing, ever paddle his sassy niece, Lucy (Charlene Tilton). Well, AFAIC that was a touch unfortunate RE the guy's two best-known roles.

I enjoyed his portrayal of the frustrated, desperately reckless Colonel Pitts in the World War II motion picture, "The Eagle Has Landed"... --C.K.

Guy
Male Author

USA
#3 | Posted: 24 Nov 2012 12:38
I never could "get into" Dallas. I don't think I ever made it through a single episode. Hell, I never even cared who shot JR!

On the other hand, "The Eagle Has Landed" sounds like my kind of movie.

Guy

CrimsonKidCK
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#4 | Posted: 24 Nov 2012 16:03
Guy:
I never could "get into" Dallas. I don't think I ever made it through a single episode. Hell, I never even cared who shot JR!

On the other hand, "The Eagle Has Landed" sounds like my kind of movie.

There was one whole season of "Dallas" (in which Bobby Ewing died) that later on turned out to have just been a dream--IMHO that was pretty far-fetched.

"The Eagle Has Landed" stars Michael Caine, Robert Duvall and Donald Sutherland, it's about an attempt by a squad of elite German paratroopers to capture Winston Churchill late in 1943--AFAIC it's also a touch far-fetched, but the fighting strikes me as realistically portrayed. I'd venture that Sutherland's character (an Irish nationalist aiding the Germans) rather 'steals the show,' along with Donald Pleasence's understated but chilling portrayal of Heinrich Himmler and Larry Hagman's appearance as the impulsive American commander, Colonel Pitts.

That's my view of it anyway... --C.K.

--The Commish

Bogiephil1
Male Author

USA
#5 | Posted: 24 Nov 2012 18:23
I always liked Larry Hagman. His character on "I Dream of Jeannie" was way too stiff (no pun intended, although I'm sure he had his fantasies about Jeannie. He just never did anything about them.) but the character of Major Daly wanted to trade places with him desperately. You know he'd be having Jeannie service him in every way possible. Probably in a French maid's outfit, although the genie costume was kind of a turn on too. I remember they actually had to cover up her belly button at the time.
JR Ewing on "Dallas" seemed the perfect guy to be a spanker. He probably should have spanked Lucy (Charlene Tilton) good and proper, not to mention Kristin Shepard (Mary Crosby) the one who shot him. Come to think of it, maybe that was the real reason she shot him.
R.I.P. Larry.

Phil

barretthunter
Male Author

England
#6 | Posted: 24 Nov 2012 20:06
So be warned, men. Any woman who deserves a spanking, if not spanked, may shoot you.

Bogiephil1
Male Author

USA
#7 | Posted: 24 Nov 2012 21:15
barretthunter:
So be warned, men. Any woman who deserves a spanking, if not spanked, may shoot you.

Or may shoot you anyway if you don't spank her properly...

Wheatwine
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#8 | Posted: 24 Nov 2012 21:51
CrimsonKidCK, you hit the nail on the head. The Pam-Ewing-dreamed-the-whole-season ruined it for me. The producers of Dallas should never have killed Bobby off. If Patrick Duffy wanted to leave the show, they could have written his character out in some other way. (For example, he could have gone out of state for a business opportunity.) Once he was killed off, though, there was probably no believable way to bring him back. Although, a more believable way than the dream season could surely have been found.

jools
Female Author

New_Zealand
#9 | Posted: 25 Nov 2012 06:25
I was never got into Dallas either but I loved I dream of Jeanie; it was one of my favourite programmes which I remember as a young teen (along with The Flintstones haha). Both were on every week night one after the other in the early evenings.
RIP Larry Hagman.

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#10 | Posted: 25 Nov 2012 06:54
Every time I hear about another death of someone I saw on TV when I was young, it hits me that we are all mortal. That even the wealthy, powerful, and famous answer the door when the Grim Reaper comes calling.

But to get back on topic, I think that Jeannie should have been spanked countless times - rather than getting time outs in her bottle. And the "it was just a dream" was really jumping the shark...

Goodgulf

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»

Online now: Members - 1 : Guests - 7
Smachtai
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9