LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Thanksgiving

Page  Page 1 of 3: 1 2 3 »»
cayenne
Male Author

England
#1 | Posted: 18 Nov 2012 08:54
The whole concept of Thanksgiving is alien to Britishers such as I. We have nothing similar, although we see a little of it in US films such as "Trains, Planes And Automobiles." Perhaps our Stateside members can tell us a little bit more about it. In particular, I wonder is it a time of much spanking or is it a barren period?

SNM
Male Author

USA
#2 | Posted: 18 Nov 2012 09:10
Thanksgiving is our annual celebration of how we didn't kill off almost the entire native population of North America in a series of organized genocides. Oh wait...

Thanksgiving is celebrated mainly with food, friends, and family, with emphasis on the food part. Turkey tends to make people sleepy, so I suspect that there aren't too many kinky shenanigans happening that night for most couples. That said, there are always exceptions.

opb
Male Author

England
#3 | Posted: 18 Nov 2012 09:28
SNM:
Thanksgiving is our annual celebration of how we didn't kill off almost the entire native population of North America in a series of organized genocides. Oh wait...

And here was me thinking that it was thanksgiving because y'all hadn't all been killed off by hurricanes, extreme temperatures, tropical diseases, hostile natives, gun toting strangers, Twinkies, Ding Dongs and all the other hazards of life in those far-flung western parts.

ordalie
Female Member

France
#4 | Posted: 18 Nov 2012 09:46
SNM:
Thanksgiving is our annual celebration of how we didn't kill off almost the entire native population of North America in a series of organized genocides.

"The event that some Americans commonly call the "First Thanksgiving" was celebrated by the Pilgrims after their first harvest in the New World in 1621. The first Thanksgiving feast lasted three days, and was attended by 53 Pilgrims and 90 Native Americans"

That's right! At the time there were still 90 of them!

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#5 | Posted: 18 Nov 2012 12:08
SNM:
Thanksgiving is celebrated mainly with food, friends, and family,

...not to mention what we call football. Don't forget that.

Alef
Male Author

Norway
#6 | Posted: 18 Nov 2012 13:09
njrick:
what we call football.

Is that the game you play with your hands?

Hotspur
Male Author

South_Africa
#7 | Posted: 18 Nov 2012 13:55
njrick:
What we call football

Please let's not get into that debate again.

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#8 | Posted: 18 Nov 2012 23:44
Think:
Harvest Festival combined with some religious overtones, but not enough to keep the date from being moved at the request of business, becoming a "let's get together as a family" day.

Goodgulf

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#9 | Posted: 19 Nov 2012 01:17
Alef:
Is that the game you play with your hands?

Hands, feet, head, legs, arms - pretty much everything

Hotspur:
Please let's not get into that debate again.

I was trying my best NOT to start a debate... which is why I said "what we call football" rather than "football."

Goodgulf:
a "let's get together as a family" day.

Nothing wrong with that whatsoever.

Goodgulf:
but not enough to keep the date from being moved at the request of business

The date was set by federal legislation as the last Thursday in November in 1941. There was only custom before that, with the custom since at least the early 20th century being the LAST Thursday in November, meaning the federal legislation didn't effect much of a change. I suppose the 1941 change, which added an extra "shopping week" between Thanksgiving and Christmas, on average, two years out of every seven, could have been requested by business, although I've never heard that before.

Sebastian
Male Member

USA
#10 | Posted: 19 Nov 2012 01:50
O. K. everyone. Thanksgiving is eating turkey with all of the trimmings and "FOOTBALL." That's it. Yes, the native Americans came until they died of our diseases. Then we bought Manhattan island for $24 and now they want it back for $25 ($1 interest). Back to reading.
P. S. To all of our American readers, HAVE A HAPPY THANKSGIVING.

Page  Page 1 of 3: 1 2 3 »»

Online now: Members - 8 : Guests - 6
danjackson84, hankypanky, jenjen0211, klamath, mihaispk, Nobmeister, SAW1968, Seegee
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9