The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

A Universe without Twinkies.

Page  Page 2 of 3: «« 1 2 3 »»
jools
Female Author

New_Zealand
#11 | Posted: 17 Nov 2012 07:17
Seegee:
Polly Waffles down here. Marshmallow in biscuit coating and covered with milk chocolate, what is not to like there?

We have Mallowpuffs which sound similar. They are marshmallow on a biscuit base and fully coated in chocolate! I always thought they were Australian???

bendover
Male Author

USA
#12 | Posted: 17 Nov 2012 07:24
Seegee:
Marshmallow in biscuit coating and covered with milk chocolate, what is not to like there?

Yes, Seegee. In the south they call them Moon Pies. Some call them Scooter Pies. They are definitely a treat here to this day. I used to love the candy that used to be called Mallow Cups. They were filled with soft marshmallow and shaped like a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup, but they had coconut and covered with chocolate.

Guy
Male Author

USA
#13 | Posted: 17 Nov 2012 15:05
Seegee:
Marshmallow in biscuit coating and covered with milk chocolate, what is not to like there?

Let's see. You've got refined sugar in the Marshmallow, fat in the chocolate, and empty carbohydrates in the biscuit. The three food groups all in one convenient package! Sounds good to me.

flowerchild
Female Author

USA
#14 | Posted: 17 Nov 2012 15:19
jools:
We have Mallowpuffs which sound similar. They are marshmallow on a biscuit base and fully coated in chocolate! I always thought they were Australian???

WE have the same thing here, but they call them Mallowmars.

bendover:
Yes, Seegee. In the south they call them Moon Pies. Some call them Scooter Pies. They are definitely a treat here to this day. I used to love the candy that used to be called Mallow Cups. They were filled with soft marshmallow and shaped like a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup, but they had coconut and covered with chocolate.

We still have MoonPies available here too, and we are in the northeast. MalloCups are no longer around, but if your really desparate, you can get them by mail order from The Vermont Country Store.

As for Twinkies, I afraid I got on the bandwagon and bought TWO whole boxes. Too bad I didn't think to buy more, because the shelves were still full when I got mine.

Drake's and Hostess cakes share the same shelf space here, and sometimes they combine a sale, but usually they are treated as two separate companies.
and personnally, my favorites were always the Funny Bones, chocolate cakes with peanut butter filling, chocolate coating.

canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#15 | Posted: 17 Nov 2012 23:52
They (whoever that is) say that Twinkies will still be available in Canada as they are made by another company. So for all those American's who will no doubt starve without their Twinkies, just make a trip to Canada every few months and buy all you like. I understand the shelf life is something like 28 years so no rush on getting here.

smeple
Male Author

USA
#16 | Posted: 18 Nov 2012 04:53
flowerchild:
my favorites were always the Funny Bones, chocolate cakes with peanut butter filling, chocolate coating

oooooh, I forgot about funny bones. Like a Reese's peanut butter cup, except they added cake to the mix, and reversed the ratio of chocolate to peanut butter. I loved them, maybe even more than devil dogs.

canadianspankee:
So for all those American's who will no doubt starve without their Twinkies, just make a trip to Canada every few months and buy all you like.

Hopefully, that applies to funny bones too.

opb
Male Author

England
#17 | Posted: 18 Nov 2012 09:19
Seegee:

We have / had a similar thing called a Wagon Wheel (two round biscuits sandwiched with marshmallow and chocolate covered (sic- see later)) but somehow when I was a child they seemed to be the size of real wagon wheels and actually covered in chocolate, ( presumably so that a stranded American pioneer could survive by licking the wheels ) whereas now the diameter is much smaller and the chocolate 'coating' quite transparent in its thinness.

Maybe I'm just viewing the past through chocolate coloured spectacles

Miss_Naughty
Female Author

England
#18 | Posted: 18 Nov 2012 15:40
I thought that either Ding Dong was some sort of argument or a cheeky expression used by the actor Leslie Phillips in the many Dr films he appeared in.

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#19 | Posted: 18 Nov 2012 19:35
We still have Wagon Wheels here, opb, they also have jam in the middle. A Wagon Wheel much more fun than a pickled herring, that was a recent advert for them.

Miss_Naughty
Female Author

England
#20 | Posted: 18 Nov 2012 20:33
Jam - no no no

Page  Page 2 of 3: «« 1 2 3 »»

Online now: Members - 8 : Guests - 14
Alef, BashfulBob, FateHoly, MrHomewood, Omegalodon, rindom, ronclute, TomTop
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9