The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Frankenstorm Surviviors Noticeboard

Page  Page 3 of 4: «« 1 2 3 4 »»
Lincoln
Male Author

England
#21 | Posted: 3 Nov 2012 16:18
smeple:
Now that is dedication! (Not looking for a medal, or applause. Okay, maybe some applause. . .

On the contrary - much applause from those of us the other side of the pond who can only begin to imagine what you and your fellow countrymen have gone through these past few days.

Incidentally - I haven't heard of any pop stars or A list celebrities launching an appeal to help those who have lost everything - or have I missed something?

Guy
Male Author

USA
#22 | Posted: 3 Nov 2012 16:38
Lincoln:
I haven't heard of any pop stars or A list celebrities launching an appeal to help those who have lost everything - or have I missed something?

It was last night! [url=http://video.today.msnbc.msn.com/today/49672841/#49672841][/url]

Lincoln
Male Author

England
#23 | Posted: 3 Nov 2012 17:26
Guy:
It was last night! [url=http://video.today.msnbc.msn.com/today/49672841/#49672841][/url]

Thanks Guy! It was most gratifying.

I must admit I was thinking of the (non) reaction over here. Had it been Africa the likes of Bob Geldof and Bono would be bellowing at us to give our F****ing money, but as in the case of the floods in Australia last year, as it's "only" the USA there is a deafening silence.

flowerchild
Female Author

USA
#24 | Posted: 4 Nov 2012 23:35
Hello everyone. We have finally been resoted to civilization. We were lucky to have electric, and so all living "facilities" were up and running (heat, hot water, stove, etc.) but Computer, land phone lines, and television have been out. Many here are still without electricity, maybe for another week, and the high schoold are stillc losed. All in all, we were lucky. Thanks for all your concern, and glad to hear that everyone else made it through the storm safely.

DLandhill
Male Author

USA
#25 | Posted: 5 Nov 2012 03:48
I now have power and internet at home again. The community center where I connected occasionally during the outage had filters preventing me for logging in. I am well and will be well. My heart goes out to those who had (and have) it far worse than i did.

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#26 | Posted: 5 Nov 2012 04:02
Even the gasoline lines are improving, disappearing in places. A significant number of residents here in NJ still have no power

nibra
Male Author

England
#27 | Posted: 5 Nov 2012 08:21
Great to hear that you are all with us again. It is so frustrating to have nothing but good wishes to give, and especially so when even those are denied us. Welcome back my friends.

Lincoln
Male Author

England
#28 | Posted: 5 Nov 2012 10:11
Great to have all the good news, and if I know our US friends, things will be up and running again in seemingly no time. There is a "can do" attitude in the USA which I wish we had over here. Here the media and the politicians seem to delight in making life difficult for anybody who wants to get things done.

canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#29 | Posted: 5 Nov 2012 14:50
Hmmm..it is great to see many authors back on track. They may have lost some possessions and spent a few days in the dark but most important is that they are safe.

I wonder though about our dear readers, there is only 1 non-author posted on here and I would hope that 'every' member on site knows we would like to hear that they are safe and sound as well. We authors write the stories but we need viewers to read them.

All of you quiet ones out there make up a vital part of this site as there are thousands of you. Please let us know how things are for you.

CS

flowerchild
Female Author

USA
#30 | Posted: 7 Nov 2012 18:07
This is as good a place to post this as anywhere.

It is now snowing here. This storm could bring upwards of six inches, plus more high winds.
Though I am running on full capacity, many here are still without heat and electric.
I hope it doesn't get as bad as they're saying, too much damage has aleady been done.

Page  Page 3 of 4: «« 1 2 3 4 »»

Online now: Members - 9 : Guests - 5
alfent, dowano, highlander1969, mj2001, ogard, Schoyce1, SmitheeK, Thelefthand, twinkieshark
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9