LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Frankenstorm Surviviors Noticeboard

Page  Page 1 of 4: 1 2 3 4 »»
canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#1 | Posted: 29 Oct 2012 15:00
As things get tough for our eastern seaboard friends, I would hope that as soon as possible, any who are affected by this storm, please post a notice here that you are safe and sound. Feel free to give a brief description of what it was like for you. Most important is that you all stay safe!

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#2 | Posted: 29 Oct 2012 22:12
Still surviving here in norther NJ. of course, the winds didn't really start picking up until about 3 hours ago. The predictions for rainfall here are down to about 3 to 4 inches (when previously they were saying 3 to 8), meaning we don't have much threat of flooding (unlike the coastal areas). The problem will be downed trees and power outages. Already on my way home from work I saw about 6-8 trees down, and a couple traffic lights out. It will get worse before it gets better.

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#3 | Posted: 30 Oct 2012 07:57
I hope you can get through this without any major problems, Rick.

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#4 | Posted: 30 Oct 2012 13:30
I'm still here, still fine, still with power, though large parts of the the region do not. The coast took a beating from the storm surge, but because there was relatively little rain (for a hurricane), here inland there wasn't any flooding (nor is there expected to be). Falling trees have caused a few deaths (including two near me, and one in the town where I work). Potable water could be an issue in places going forward, as some water utilities don't have power and limited supplies of water on hand.

flowerchild
Female Author

USA
#5 | Posted: 30 Oct 2012 15:02
Good Morning everyone! We are all fine. We were lucky in that we got very little rain here, so there will be no flooding. A small town next to us is only just recovering from last years devastation from flooding. A few days without electricity is minor for those who lost everything to five feet of water. I have heard that almost 80% of my town is without electric at this time, and there are many trees down, roads are blocked, but my personal space is high and dry and with all our facilities.
One of the town's wells is across the street from me, and I can hear their generators working, so the power outages are close.
Like Rick said, the Jersey shore is gone, the beaches and the boardwalks. Parts of Manhattan are under water, including I have heard, that the 9/11 Memorial sight is flooded. 50 homes in Queens, NY are on fire, flames fanned by the high winds spread it from one to the other.
I'm glad to hear we here at the library are all safe and sound. fc
PS, thanks to Guy, for suggesting I fill the bathtub with water, for flushing. It was the one thing I hadn't thought of, and though I didn't need it, I discovered my bathtub doesn't hold water overnight. At least half of it has drained away. lol.

Guy
Male Author

USA
#6 | Posted: 30 Oct 2012 15:48
flowerchild:
I discovered my bathtub doesn't hold water overnight. At least half of it has drained away. lol.

That's why I use a trash can with a fresh liner. (Also because our downstairs potty only has a shower.) Your trash cans have to come in anyhow or they will escape in the wind.

bendover
Male Author

USA
#7 | Posted: 30 Oct 2012 18:10
I'm back on line. It seems further north really got pounded terribly. Ocean City here in Maryland is a total disaster. Parts of NY and coastal areas of NJ are so sad.

Here in Southern Maryland where I am we got a lot of rain (but not torrential downpours). Where we are we had steady slow rain and high winds. We lost power for 5 hours, but the crew got us back.

I didn't really need the sand bags, but I felt it's better to have them and not need them than to not have them and need them. (an old saying). I felt that the good Lord thought perhaps our family has been through enough already and saw quite a bit of mercy for us.

I hope everyone had little damage or none. I hope all of you were kept save. Stay clear of downed lines and water build up.

Pat

Guy
Male Author

USA
#8 | Posted: 31 Oct 2012 14:31
So glad to hear that NJRICK, Flowerchild, and Bendover are OK. Is anyone missing that we should be concerned about? Is everyone's power back? War stories? Lessons to help us prepare for the next storm?

canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#9 | Posted: 31 Oct 2012 15:05
How about many of you readers out there who are rarely on the forum. This is a good chance for you to tell us a little about your experiences with the storm. You are just as valuable an asset to this site as any one else.

bendover
Male Author

USA
#10 | Posted: 31 Oct 2012 17:53
Thanks, Guy. And the rest of the LSF crew. I hope everyone is back with us.

Page  Page 1 of 4: 1 2 3 4 »»

Online now: Members - 3 : Guests - 1
GreatExpectation, kanestrokes, saxes626
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9