LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

New movie - Compliance

Page  Page 2 of 3: «« 1 2 3 »»
PinkAngel
Female Assistant Librarian

Scotland
#11 | Posted: 7 Oct 2012 11:56
I note the imdb message boards are comparing this film to Migram's experiment into how far people will go to follow authority. In Milgram's experiment many people were prepared to give what they thought of as a potentially lethal shock to another person simply because they were told to. This is why I am very interested in watching this film, not as a form of titillation, but more as another interesting insight into human behaviour.

SNM
Male Author

USA
#12 | Posted: 7 Oct 2012 21:19
PinkAngel:
This is why I am very interested in watching this film, not as a form of titillation, but more as another interesting insight into human behaviour.

Depends on the movie's approach to it, of course. It sounds exploitative, but I could be letting my pessimism get the better of me.

PinkAngel
Female Assistant Librarian

Scotland
#13 | Posted: 7 Oct 2012 21:50
SNM
No, you could well be correct! I shall watch and see but fully expect to be disappointed...

bendover
Male Author

USA
#14 | Posted: 8 Oct 2012 03:15
I've been reading articles about how people have been walking out on this movie because of the stupidity of the managers and other adults. One woman stood up and said, "You have to be F**king Sh*tting me!" She walked about with about a dozen other people.

The boarders to be closed in this country are the ones where the IDIOTS get through.

erniethefiend
Male Member

Canada
#15 | Posted: 8 Oct 2012 04:43
The movie is a NY Times critics' pick.

canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#16 | Posted: 8 Oct 2012 05:17
erniethefiend:

Just because he/she is the NY Times critic does not mean much to me. I find all sorts of people with no mind of the their own get all sorts of jobs where other people assume they can think for themselves.

AlanBarr
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#17 | Posted: 8 Oct 2012 09:25
I find it really fascinating the way something which has actually happened seems too far-fetched when it's turned into a film. You do wonder how the people involved would feel about the film, but sometimes people do want to have their story told.

bendover
Male Author

USA
#18 | Posted: 8 Oct 2012 16:56
erniethefiend:

I found a few years ago that some authors have actually paid the NY Times to be on the best seller list. I see no difference here. There are people who will take money for a lot of sneaky reasons. They're no better than a prostitute in my book.

islandcarol
Female Author

USA
#19 | Posted: 9 Oct 2012 02:16
AlanBarr:
I find it really fascinating the way something which has actually happened seems too far-fetched when it's turned into a film.

I remember the Blair Witch Project and all the hype over that film. When I finally saw it I could not believe any intelligent person would take those videos that essentially shot darkness could receive such rave reviews.
What do I know about film making!

tiptopper
Male Author

USA
#20 | Posted: 9 Oct 2012 03:33
bendover:
They're no better than a prostitute in my book.

So what's wrong with prostitutes? Although I have known some girls who worked as hookers I have never used them myself but I don't see any reason to put them down.

They have something the customer wants. The customer pays them and the prostitute provides the service. It seems to me to be a more honest transaction than many other business deals.

Page  Page 2 of 3: «« 1 2 3 »»

Online now: Members - 6 : Guests - 4
bbnebraska12, bigdad, ldbill, LucNoir, Seegee, stevenr
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9