LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

A question about Alex Birch

Page  Page 1 of 3: 1 2 3 »»
ordalie
Female Member

France
#1 | Posted: 21 Aug 2012 06:58
Is it true that he also wrote under the pseudo Paul Melrose?
I was quite astonished to find two books under that name on Amazon.

bendover
Male Author

USA
#2 | Posted: 21 Aug 2012 13:41
Ordalie,

Yes, it's quite true.

Alex used to write for the British spanking magazines Janus and Februs under the pseudonym Paul Melrose.

Here's the details:

http://www.backdrop.net/sm-201/index.php?title=Alex_Birch

ordalie
Female Member

France
#3 | Posted: 21 Aug 2012 16:14
Thanks a lot, bendover!
I never thought there would be a mention on wiki, moreover by Abel and Haron! God, their testimonies are heart-rending and I still feel the same, he was such a considerate man...I'm proud to have been able to contact him on his blog...
The 2 books I found on Amazon are really striking (no pun intended): "Let the punishment fit the crime" (2 volumes). I'm sure there must have been more than that, but where to find them?
It seems he felt as strongly as I do about the general laxiness in schools and courts of justice and tried to put a stop to it in his own fantasies. May I add they nurture mine?
I'll just quote a sentence that really appealed to me in book 2 : " As Head Teacher of a mixed comprehensive school, she had suffered all the frustrations and impotence of a teacher who cannot punish...detentions which were ignored, parents who would not support, children who knew their impudent little rights..."
I'm surprised there are only two books by him since I imagine he must have written a lot more under that peudo, or perhaps only in those magazines you mentioned.

barretthunter
Male Author

England
#4 | Posted: 21 Aug 2012 17:12
I found Alex enormously supportive when I started writing spanking stories. One of our last exchanges was when I wrote vividly about the real experience of watching a young woman with a bike and short shorts on a railway station platform and Alex, in thanking me, said his reaction had not been merely mental!

Strange that of the names Alex Birch and Paul Melrose, the real name should be the former and the spanking author pseudonym the latter!

bendover
Male Author

USA
#5 | Posted: 21 Aug 2012 18:09
Alex was a very talented writer. He wasn't afraid to dig up the muck and mire in a spanking and erotic story either.

ordalie
Female Member

France
#6 | Posted: 21 Aug 2012 19:04
I miss him so much!

ordalie
Female Member

France
#7 | Posted: 21 Aug 2012 20:57
"Strange that of the names Alex Birch and Paul Melrose, the real name should be the former and the spanking author pseudonym the latter!"
What do you mean? None of these names was his real one: his real name was Brian Fargher.
Forgive me if I don't catch your meaning!

ordalie
Female Member

France
#8 | Posted: 22 Aug 2012 04:18
@bendover
The article on backdrop.net doesn't mention his birthdate. I kept the obituary issued on Hot Trax Radio, so I can safely say he was born in 1944.

ordalie
Female Member

France
#9 | Posted: 22 Aug 2012 04:56
barretthunter
I've found it! http://bflamingcheeks.runboard.com/t2203

bendover
Male Author

USA
#10 | Posted: 22 Aug 2012 13:28
Good one, ordalie. I don't have access to the board so I couldn't check it out.

Page  Page 1 of 3: 1 2 3 »»

Online now: Members - 5 : Guests - 10
Backbeat, dwest, feelgoodinc, kingkoban, oxford
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9