The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Standards for Commenting Deification

Page  Page 1 of 3: 1 2 3 »»
njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#1 | Posted: 20 Aug 2012 03:09
Should a member be elevated to Commenting Deity for making just one comment, if, for example, he (or she) has read only three stories? That seems (to me) a rather small sample of "views" to determine that a reader is indeed worthy of one of the LSF's highest honors. Wouldn't it be more prudent to cap a member's classification at, say, "Active Commenter" until the he/she has read something like fifty or a hundred stories? I'm sure that there must be a simple formulaic way for Februs to accomplish this.

rollin
Male Member

USA
#2 | Posted: 20 Aug 2012 03:24
"Ray, the next time someone asks you if you are a God, you say YES!"
---Winston Zeddemore, Ghostbusters

islandcarol
Female Author

USA
#3 | Posted: 20 Aug 2012 03:38
I'm a commenting deity, Rick, but if I get lazy and my read to commenting average goes down, I lose my deity status. Since I've always aspired to Goddess-hood, I tend to continue commenting. A newbie who who reads 3 stories, and makes one comment will only remain a deity for a few days unless s/he maintains that ratio. It will all level out in the end, Rick.
I think collecting these stats and awarding honors is very motivating and quite brilliant. I hope all this is explained to them when newbies first register. I didn't realize stats were tracked for my first year and a half of my time on the site.

njrick:
Should a member be elevated to Commenting Deity for making just one comment, if, for example, he (or she) has read only three stories?

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#4 | Posted: 20 Aug 2012 03:45
islandcarol:
I didn't realize stats were tracked for my first year and a half of my time on the site.

You'd be surprised what all they track. I bet Februs could tell you your DOB, your grades in school, your bank balance, how much of a tip you left on your last restaurant visit, what size clothing you wear.... not that he actually WOULD tell you if you asked, because that would divulge just how thorough the LSF data-tracking is. Don't believe me? Just ask him - he'll deny everything. Case closed!

bendover
Male Author

USA
#5 | Posted: 20 Aug 2012 04:03
rollin:
"Ray, the next time someone asks you if you are a God, you say YES!"
---Winston Zeddemore, Ghostbusters

Stan, the next time a bunch of ladies with their 'breasteses" hanging out ask you if you're Abraham Van Helsing, you say, YES!

Kenan Thompson - Teddy / Stan Helsing

canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#6 | Posted: 20 Aug 2012 04:17
Don't care what we call them when a new one starts out with a comment, a long as they comment....LMAO.

PinkAngel
Female Assistant Librarian

Scotland
#7 | Posted: 20 Aug 2012 09:18
njrick

Me thinks you have too much time on your hands... Time that should be spent spanking or writing about spanking

jools
Female Author

New_Zealand
#8 | Posted: 20 Aug 2012 09:21
PinkAngel:
Time that should be spent spanking or writing about spanking

of course Pink!!! SO true!!!!

And it is true that people aspire to greatness so if they DO only read one story and comment on it - earning themselves commenting deity status - many, I am sure, will aspire to keep that status. let's hope the comment meter actually inspires more members to comment.

rollin
Male Member

USA
#9 | Posted: 20 Aug 2012 15:47
Rick does have a point. After all, you can't win the batting title in baseball until you have a threshold number of "at bats". There are many hitters, I suspect, who have batting averages that exceed .400, but they may have only been in one game and went two for five that night. That doesn't make them the batting champion over a guy who bats .342 with over 300 at bats.

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#10 | Posted: 20 Aug 2012 19:38
njrick:
Wouldn't it be more prudent to cap a member's classification at, say, "Active Commenter" until the he/she has read something like fifty or a hundred stories? I'm sure that there must be a simple formulaic way for Februs to accomplish this.

I'll have a think about a possible algorithm for it that takes into account the number of items viewed...

Page  Page 1 of 3: 1 2 3 »»

Online now: Members - 9 : Guests - 6
ahowell208, Alef, Backbeat, Clarity, Glenlivet, maroonraider, Otkbbs51, patxi, Reader85
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9