The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Inventive Law Office names...bravo!

Page  Page 2 of 3: «« 1 2 3 »»
barretthunter
Male Author

England
#11 | Posted: 13 Jul 2012 20:34
Jools:

On the last challenge, which required a letter form, some entries were basically stories with Dear X at the start and a name at the end. In some cases there was no obvious reason why person A should have chosen to write to person B about this experience. I marked those low because it seemed to me the essence of the challenge was the letter format.

On this one, the challenge is defined by the picture. So a story that could easily have been written without any reference to a will (or something that looks like a will) seems to me to be not entirely honest in its response to the challenge. Many writers are very clever in the ways that they use the pictures and I think this is part of the fascination of the challenge. So if someone treats the picture as virtually irrelevant, even if their story is very enjoyable and well-written, they wouldn't get a 9 or a 10 from me. Of course, a clever idea revolving around a will shouldn't get a high mark if the story is poorly written and doesn't interest the reader.

Fortunately I think nearly everyone did treat the picture as central to the challenge.

Miss_Naughty
Female Author

England
#12 | Posted: 13 Jul 2012 21:31
smeple:
points for creativity and original thought.

oops and double oops

AlanBarr
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#13 | Posted: 13 Jul 2012 21:38
barretthunter:
Fortunately I think nearly everyone did treat the picture as central to the challenge.

Absolutely! I made sure I referred to the boat AND the ducks.

Guy
Male Author

USA
#14 | Posted: 13 Jul 2012 22:04
jools:
Hopefully, I didn't break any rules here, as not all of my favourites described the Will in great detai

To a great extent, everyone who scores a story makes his or her own rules, because the weighting of the score you give is totally up to you. It's a very subjective way of doing things, but I hope it never changes. It puts the burden directly on the author to write the story that has the greatest appeal to the greatest number of readers.

Guy

smeple
Male Author

USA
#15 | Posted: 14 Jul 2012 03:56
naughtypet:
I just had to comment on the great names our authors have found for the lawyers handling the various wills. Great fun.

I agree. I was going to post a comment about this, listing some of my favorite names from the stories, after the challenge was over. But naughtypet beat me to it. I haven't run across the firm of "Dewey, Cheatem, and Howe" yet, but I still have a few more stories to go.

barretthunter:
smeple: points for creativity and original thought.oops and double oops

did I commit a faux pas? Or are you just pointing out my redundancy, or maybe it is my redundancy? I'm not sure what you meant. I could be missing your point - that kind of thing happens to me a lot.

AlanBarr
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#16 | Posted: 14 Jul 2012 10:37
smeple:
did I commit a faux pas?

No, I think Miss Naughty (who is incredibly modest) was joking that her own entry had neither quality - but I'm sure she's wrong.

jools
Female Author

New_Zealand
#17 | Posted: 14 Jul 2012 11:06
Lincoln:
I am at a loss to understand how you can write a story without referring to the picture that you are supposed to base the story on.

What I was meaning is that I don't believe describing the will as a scrolled document, tied with a fuchsia coloured ribbon was vital to the plot, so long as the plot involved some sort of inheritance and of course a spanking. Fortunately ALL of the stories mentioned that something had been bequeathed to someone in a Will, but not many of them described the visual attributes of the picture itself in full, or correct detail. And to me that isn't important in determining a good story which fits the theme.

jools
Female Author

New_Zealand
#18 | Posted: 14 Jul 2012 11:12
smeple:
I haven't run across the firm of "Dewey, Cheatem, and Howe

There was a lawyer named Robert Cheetham

smeple
Male Author

USA
#19 | Posted: 14 Jul 2012 12:16
jools:
There was a lawyer named Robert Cheetham

I don't remember reading about him - maybe he is in one of the stories I haven't yet read. I look forward to meeting him!

Lincoln
Male Author

England
#20 | Posted: 14 Jul 2012 14:10
"Sue, Grabbit and Run" is a popular lawyers' name to describe the ambulance chasers

Page  Page 2 of 3: «« 1 2 3 »»

Online now: Members - 4 : Guests - 4
hunter, madeleine092, psammead, westviking
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9