Favorite (spanking) authors - again

Page  Page 2 of 4: «« 1 2 3 4 »»
Alef
Male Author

Norway
#11 | Posted: 12 Aug 2012 22:08
Tcheser:
Ah the Spanking Academy awards.

What are the categories? Best Lead Male/Female Spanker of the Year; Best Lead Male/Female Spankee of the Year; Best Supporting Male/Female Spanker/Spankee of the Year; Best Spanking Director of the Year; Best Spanking Picture of the Year,....

SNM
Male Author

USA
#12 | Posted: 12 Aug 2012 23:04
Alef:
What are the categories? Best Lead Male/Female Spanker of the Year; Best Lead Male/Female Spankee of the Year; Best Supporting Male/Female Spanker/Spankee of the Year; Best Spanking Director of the Year; Best Spanking Picture of the Year,....

You know, this actually isn't a bad idea. Anyone feel like nominating stories for specific categories, like Most Heartwarming, Most Spankable Character, Most Surprising, Best Female Spankee, Funniest Character, Cleverest Descriptions, etc?

jools
Female Author

New_Zealand
#13 | Posted: 13 Aug 2012 02:52
SNM:
You know, this actually isn't a bad idea. Anyone feel like nominating stories for specific categories, like Most Heartwarming, Most Spankable Character, Most Surprising, Best Female Spankee, Funniest Character, Cleverest Descriptions, etc?

A bit hard to do when one can't possibly read every single story here... One reader alone could barely get thru one quarter of all the material here. So it would be very hard to get a fair result or consensus on the top character for each category. Now if it were narrowed down to a list of stories for comparison in each category, then the task wouldn't be so daunting or random.

Alef:

And for Alef, we would have to throw in 'best limerick of the year.' Or, 'best story written by a non native speaker of English'.

I guess a fair way to do this is if each and every author here nominated only one of their stories for assessment. And for non-active authors, a non-competing member nominates what they think represents that author's ultimate work.

bendover
Male Author

USA
#14 | Posted: 13 Aug 2012 03:25
jools:
A bit hard to do when one can't possibly read every single story here... One reader alone could barely get thru one quarter of all the material here. So it would be very hard to get a fair result or consensus on the top character for each category. Now if it were narrowed down to a list of stories for comparison in each category, then the task wouldn't be so daunting or random.

Well, we have what is now known as The Story Of The Day, and that's pretty close. The person selecting this story gives the reasons why they think it's worth a special read, and there is of course the synopsis.

Every author puts a lot into their work. Isn't that why we often talk about comments not given? Every author in the LSF deserves recognition. Personally I don't want to be put on a pedestal. It doesn't bother me that my name isn't often mentioned, but it may bother another author who works hard at producing some great stories that are gobbled down in an eat and run fashion. The comments thing again.

The greatest pay we receive for writing stories is that the LSF gives us a place to pursue and share our kinky side with the WORLD for free. That's the way I feel. Me personally.

canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#15 | Posted: 13 Aug 2012 04:12
bendover:
Every author in the LSF deserves recognition

I have to agree here, IF this idea of "awards" is serious, which I never thought it was. Such things become a popularity contest and we all know who the most popular people are on site all ready.

CS

jools
Female Author

New_Zealand
#16 | Posted: 13 Aug 2012 14:06
canadianspankee:
IF this idea of "awards" is serious, which I never thought it was. Such things become a popularity contest

I personally think 'awards' for various categories is a bad idea. like CS said it would just be a popularity contest featuring the most read authors and unfair to the lesser known ones who also write brilliant stories. As someone said above, reader appreciation shown by comments is sufficient. This, in my humble opinion, seems the fairest way of rewarding authors for their time spent writing stories which we can all enjoy on this fantastic site for free. Let's not turn this site into a competitive place... we already have the story challenges for that for those who are keen to enter (even tho they are called challenges and not competitions). Please let's not have any subjective competitions of best character, best spanking etc...It would all get waaaay to confusing. 'What is best in a story' is a matter of personal opinions and bias anyway as we ALL have differing preferences regarding our kink. This site has such a broad range of fantastic stories covering ALL scenarios befitting to our kink it would be unfair to judge one as preferable to another! So, let the Library remain the mutually supportive and encouraging place it is! Okay I have had my rant for the day hehehe!!

Alef
Male Author

Norway
#17 | Posted: 13 Aug 2012 15:31
Just to make it clear: My suggestion was intended as a joke (except, of course, for the category "best foreign language spanking of the year"), and I agree with those who say it is not a good idea. But perhaps we should all get better at using the Plugboard (occasionally even for other people's stories!) and The Story of the Day?

Spankzz
Male Author

USA
#18 | Posted: 13 Aug 2012 18:57
I click on "Stats" and then "Favorites" and read the authors listed there on the right hand side. I figure if they are popular then they are probably good.

Alef
Male Author

Norway
#19 | Posted: 13 Aug 2012 19:36
Spankzz:
I click on "Stats" and then "Favorites" and read the authors listed there on the right hand side. I figure if they are popular then they are probably good.

Yes, but there are many good authors who are not on that list for a variety of reasons, e,g. that they published before there were many readers here, or that they haven't published enough to build up a following.

opb
Male Author

England
#20 | Posted: 13 Aug 2012 20:02
Spankzz:

I think you may be confusing popularity with quality Spankzz, although as you added the caveat "probably" maybe not.

Page  Page 2 of 4: «« 1 2 3 4 »»

Online now: Members - 3 : Guests - 6
azotainas, Bobjonesie, isalove
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9