The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Total pain...

Page  Page 1 of 4: 1 2 3 4 »»
Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#1 | Posted: 1 Jun 2012 04:07
Apparently, the LSF is "a total pain to use", at least that's the critical assessment from one of the denizens of the soc.sexuality.newsgroup or whatever is left of it these days... presumably that message hasn't got through to the 700 or so people who log on here each day...

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#2 | Posted: 1 Jun 2012 04:09
LOL. Is soc.sexuality.newsgroup attempting to become a comedy site? The only pain I see around here emanates from the well-spanked bottoms in all the stories.

canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#3 | Posted: 1 Jun 2012 04:51
That "total pain to use" is why we have thousands of members, many who regularly submit stories, comment on other stories and get involved in the KLSF site in other ways, compared to the declining numbers of membership in sites like soc.sexuality.newgroup.

It would seem to me to be a case of sour grapes from one of that group. One would think they would actively support sites like KLSF in hopes that some of the attraction this site has might help them out as well. Instead of seeking to work together they whine about things.

The good thing is that perhaps now that the denizen has mentioned this site perhaps more will check out the site and we may gain some excellent members.

Sebastian
Male Member

USA
#4 | Posted: 1 Jun 2012 05:03
I didn't think that the group still exists. A "total pain to use"????? WHAT???? Are they a bit crazy???? Come on aboard and discuss this statement. On the other hand, maybe we should't bother.

SNM
Male Author

USA
#5 | Posted: 1 Jun 2012 05:03
"Total pain to use" probably means "forces me to comment once every fifty years or so." I'd ignore the fellow.

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#6 | Posted: 1 Jun 2012 05:12
SNM:
"Total pain to use" probably means "forces me to comment once every fifty years or so." I'd ignore the fellow.

I don't even know who said it as someone forwarded the info onto me but they have a track record of bitching about us and bitching in general. I also note one of their "moderators" logged on a few moments ago having not been on here for over 2 years so who knows what's up with them now. Apparently, one of our own members, Tyr, agreed with the assessment though, which is a little disappointing. Ah well, you can't please everyone (or anyone on the newsgroup).

RyanRowland
Male Author

USA
#7 | Posted: 1 Jun 2012 05:23
I'm not sure, but I think this may be a guy who is blind and uses a computer program to convert text to speech. In that case, I suppose the text-only format of a newsgroup is easier to navigate than the graphic user interface of a website. If that's the case, I would cut him some slack, and that's the main reason I continue to post some of my stories there also.

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#8 | Posted: 1 Jun 2012 05:31
jbeverly:
I'm not sure, but I think this may be a guy who is blind and uses a computer program to convert text to speech. In that case, I suppose the text-only format of a newsgroup is easier to navigate than the graphic user interface of a website. If that's the case, I would cut him some slack, and that's the main reason I continue to post some of my stories there also.

Ah, well I suppose that makes a difference, although I think it's a bit unfair to criticise the LSF on that basis. It would also have been helpful if he'd made it clear that's why he thought the site was a total pain. Given the negativity that the newsgroup seems to foster I always assume the worst when I hear someone on there has been bitching about us. Anyway, thanks for letting us know the background to it.

SNM
Male Author

USA
#9 | Posted: 1 Jun 2012 08:15
On further thought...the person may have been trying to use some form of iTechnology that lacks a keyboard and mouse. I wouldn't call that a "pain to use," but someone else might.

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#10 | Posted: 1 Jun 2012 08:45
Did they actually say why the site was a pain to use? I visit a number of sites and I find the LSF one of the more intuitive and easy to use and navigate ones.

Page  Page 1 of 4: 1 2 3 4 »»

Online now: Members - 8 : Guests - 6
Dejo, FlorianP, kanestrokes, lowendtheory, PGreenham, Spankking, umbongo, vedapierceotk
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9