LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

A tawse is or the tawse are?

Page  Page 2 of 2: «« 1 2
Padraig
Male Member

Australia
#11 | Posted: 11 Apr 2012 04:29
All of this debate about whether the Taw, or Taws, or Tawse, or Tawses is, or are correct, just demonstrates how complex the English language is.

Maybe, we should say 'English languages are', since English, as spoken in the UK is different from US, or Australian English. In the UK, one only needs to travel a short distance to come across a different dialect and accent. Totally incomprehensible to an outsider. I.e. a Tyneside (NE England) accent.

We all talk of a pair of trousers, a pair of scissors, a pair of undies, and so on. How many have heard of a pair of bras? I can only recall one person using the term 'a pair of bras'.

My view is, if it sounds right, use it! After all, English is a living language and as such, is constantly evolving.

On reading this, I must sound dreadfully pompous. I wonder if the Australian name for the English (Pom, or Pommie), is an abbreviation of pompous.

I will go now!

jools
Female Author

New_Zealand
#12 | Posted: 11 Apr 2012 05:58
Padraig:
We all talk of a pair of trousers, a pair of scissors, a pair of undies, and so on. How many have heard of a pair of bras? I can only recall one person using the term 'a pair of bras'.

Padraig you seem to have forgotten the most important pair: A pair of buttocks

Padraig
Male Member

Australia
#13 | Posted: 12 Apr 2012 03:47
jools:
Padraig you seem to have forgotten the most important pair: A pair of buttocks

Jools, you noticed my deliberate mistake!

Page  Page 2 of 2: «« 1 2

Online now: Members - 6 : Guests - 4
anpedant, kingkoban, mavalecha, phillipuk, tundra9, wilmur408
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9