LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Comment Limit (Digressions)

Page  Page 4 of 7: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »»
Miss_Naughty
Female Author

England
#31 | Posted: 8 Apr 2012 10:33
Lordy lordy is this ... a ... spanking site. Swoon!

jools
Female Author

New_Zealand
#32 | Posted: 8 Apr 2012 11:18
canadianspankee:
Oh...how many comments have you made Jools,.......724 I think the total is...

Yes I was touting for a spanking! Busted again!

frankfane
Male Author

England
#33 | Posted: 8 Apr 2012 18:22
TheEnglishMaster:
Far too many fly-by-night characters of dubious origin are now reaching the 1,000 comments-made mark

I'm surprised you got away with this calumny unchallenged, EM.

bendover was recently inducted into the Hall Of Fame, did you have any others in mind? I can think of enough usual suspects but don't know if they have enough 'form' (as we English say) to be rounded up.

Come clean, sir. do. Or perhaps they would prefer to own up to their mischief to the whole class. I am waiting. ..

Guy
Male Author

USA
#34 | Posted: 8 Apr 2012 18:40
frankfane:
I can think of enough usual suspects but don't know if they have enough 'form' (as we English say) to be rounded up.

(Guy raises his hand high)

frankfane
Male Author

England
#35 | Posted: 8 Apr 2012 19:17
Hm mm, Not you again Guy. Wait behind with the others, you will all be dealt with as befits the offence.

A thousand smart-alecky comments to try the patience of earnest strivers after literary perfection and not a word of contrition from any of you? A veritable lifetime of class disruption of which the Bash Street kids would be proud?

Soon you will all leave the protective walls of this Institution and make your way in the unforgiving world outside the Library Of Spanking Fiction. Remember your days here with fondness for comments in the real world can be cruel.

Especially try to remember to comment favourably on the works of Larson E. Whipsnade, for that may help you build up a fund of goodwill to draw upon ...

islandcarol
Female Author

USA
#36 | Posted: 15 Apr 2012 05:27
TheEnglishMaster:
I suggest that any member who exceeds a limit of, say, 500 comments made for every 501 stories read in any given month, should be limited thereafter to reading a serial of at least 20 parts without making a single comment.

Now this sentence would be perfect torture for those of us who cannot sit through a meeting without commenting. Sitting through 20 serial episodes without commenting would rival death as a preferred fate. I hope I can get an Amen Sister on that " suggestion". Oh I raise my hand as guilty for writing over a 1,000 opinions on the stories including yours Frank.
IC

bendover
Male Author

USA
#37 | Posted: 15 Apr 2012 06:00
islandcarol:
Now this sentence would be perfect torture for those of us who cannot sit through a meeting without commenting. Sitting through 20 serial episodes without commenting would rival death as a preferred fate. I hope I can get an Amen Sister on that " suggestion". Oh I raise my hand as guilty for writing over a 1,000 opinions on the stories including yours Frank.
IC

I've read some good serials in my time at the library. I'm more of a stand alone story-man myself, but I do venture forward on some good serials. I've given my opinions on a few as well. However, I try to keep them civil and not making the author look like some kind of closet monster. There are some stories out there that are pretty hard core, cruel, abusive to children and adults, you name it. However, for every comment that shows readers gathering the torches and pitchforks, there are just as many singing praises to it. It's not fair to be judgmental to someone else's opinion, likes and dislikes.

Not everyone is going to like seeing adults or children spanked in an auditorium filled with people, in front of family or strangers, in front of the class, with a cane or razor strop, which the reader might call an inordinate amount of blows. However, just as many readers do like it. I have no use for RAPE in stories. When I come upon one like that I'm no longer reading or commenting. However, the one time I did comment to that type of story, it was matched with those who were looking for more. I'm not going to cross swords with people and make enemies out of friends. Once again, everyone is entitled to their opinion on what they like and dislike.

B

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#38 | Posted: 15 Apr 2012 06:09
bendover:
everyone is entitled to their opinion on what they like and dislike.

I agree wholeheartedly! Well, except , of course, when they're WRONG.

bendover
Male Author

USA
#39 | Posted: 15 Apr 2012 16:32
njrick:
I agree wholeheartedly! Well, except , of course, when they're WRONG.

Yes, but they're only wrong in OUR eyes Rick. I mean, it's only an opinion. I've two published books and I've taken a lickin' on a few comments on Amazon. I feel if these people want to take the time to write a novel, find a literary agent (which is about as easy as curing cancer), and hashing out a contract, then let them do better.

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#40 | Posted: 15 Apr 2012 16:39
bendover:
it's only an opinion.

How can it possibly be "only an opinion" when it's MY opinion?

Page  Page 4 of 7: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »»

Online now: Members - 4 : Guests - 7
Elorac, Goodgulf, kanestrokes, StefK
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9