The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

I really, really want this to be a parody, but I'm not sure

Page  Page 2 of 2: «« 1 2
islandcarol
Female Author

USA
#11 | Posted: 1 Apr 2012 14:31
CrimsonKidCK:
I'd hardly blame the young woman for point-blank telling the sniveling-yet-resentful guy to simply 'get lost,' because he does indeed seem to care only about her physical attractiveness, but turning him into a lowly fulfiller of her every whim--even with his weak-willed acquiesence--strikes me as mean-spirited behavior.

What's a girl to do, CK?
He is determined to be her lap dog and has made himself indispensable. She has made it clear -she is not interested - she's not leading him on. She thinks they have a friendship; that is fine with her, if that's what he wants. If she is shallow, isn't he even more so?
And truly, it works both ways. I can think of many instances of girls throwing themselves at men they think they love, getting into friendship mode and the man, clueless allows it to continue and never examines what is truly happening.
This love thing, meeting, cruising, making decisions based solely on physical attraction rarely works well. I am grateful I no longer need to worry over these issues, although, I see my children struggling in this dating climate that celebrates the superficial.
We all need to look beyond the superficial; alas, we are human and can not resist the bright and shiny when we are young.

CrimsonKidCK
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#12 | Posted: 2 Apr 2012 05:37
islandcarol:
What's a girl to do, CK?
He is determined to be her lap dog and has made himself indispensable. She has made it clear -she is not interested - she's not leading him on. She thinks they have a friendship; that is fine with her, if that's what he wants. If she is shallow, isn't he even more so?
And truly, it works both ways. I can think of many instances of girls throwing themselves at men they think they love, getting into friendship mode and the man, clueless allows it to continue and never examines what is truly happening.
This love thing, meeting, cruising, making decisions based solely on physical attraction rarely works well. I am grateful I no longer need to worry over these issues, although, I see my children struggling in this dating climate that celebrates the superficial.
We all need to look beyond the superficial; alas, we are human and can not resist the bright and shiny when we are young.

I'd say that "a girl" can agree to a platonic friendship if that's reluctantly acceptable to the guy, even though he'll obviously still be hoping that at some point it will develop into a romantic/sexual relationship.

In my much younger days, before I was married, I had non-romantic friendships with young women near my own age; those were basically platonic by mutual understanding, although there were undoubtedly cases in which either she or I--but not both of us--might have desired to explore having a romantic relationship, or in which such a development was impractical.

However, I never treated any of my female friends with sneering contempt, nor did they treat me that way. If I'd shown up with flowers, I'd have been invited inside and thanked for them, even if the young lady was engaged in a telephone conversartion when I arrived--in contrast to just one example from the music video. AFAIC there's not any kind of friendship shown in that admittedly hyperbolic video, it's merely a highly attractive woman exploiting a male's pathetic desperation to be near her under any circumstances. He's grudgingly accepting of the situation, hoping against hope that it will change, but even so IMHO that hardly justifies her scornful treatment of him.

That good-looking guys can be similarly manipulative toward fawning females, or simply accepting of continuous 'favors' from them without much thought, I don't deny that either.

Focusing on the video again, I can understand the woman not feeling positive toward a male who clearly has no self-respect, but I'd venture that she shouldn't be accepting any 'favors' from the guy either... --C.K.

bendover
Male Author

USA
#13 | Posted: 2 Apr 2012 06:16
The bottom line in this is simple. The guy has no confidence in himself since he was probably in a hurtful relationship (maybe even his fault she left him) and once again, every woman is poison and will probably use him just as in all his mindless fantasies we had to struggle through. There you have it. Four and a quarter lines lines and I've said it all.

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#14 | Posted: 2 Apr 2012 06:43
Here's a side note:
If the song had been about a "stuck up girl getting by on her looks" and instead of someone "telling her that she's awful" it was about "someone should spank some sense into her" then it would make a great story.

In fact I think I've read several variations of that story. I might have even written one or two on that theme.

Goodgulf

islandcarol
Female Author

USA
#15 | Posted: 3 Apr 2012 14:07
bendover:
The bottom line in this is simple. The guy has no confidence in himself since he was probably in a hurtful relationship (maybe even his fault she left him) and once again, every woman is poison and will probably use him just as in all his mindless fantasies we had to struggle through. There you have it. Four and a quarter lines lines and I've said it all.

We don't know he was in a hurtful relationship- his beauty standards are so high, he may never have been in one. He wants a trophy; this is his problem, not hers.

I know a number of you have heard this before- My hub's philosophy that he lives by
"All men are scum and all women are trouble." sounds like a reciprocal relationship to me!
IC

Cal33
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#16 | Posted: 3 Apr 2012 15:00
mati:
And the hundreds of spankees on this site are surely all experts in having self-respect.

Now that's cold!!

Page  Page 2 of 2: «« 1 2

Online now: Members - 5 : Guests - 4
bbnebraska12, bigdad, ldbill, Seegee, stevenr
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9