The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

"on the bare"

Page  Page 3 of 5: «« 1 2 3 4 5 »»
blimp
Male Author

England
#21 | Posted: 3 Feb 2012 16:01
opb:
particularly if the spankee doesn't know up till that point that the spanking is to be on the bare bottom, and harbours hopes that they might get away without the humiliation or additional pain involved.

Yes, I agree. Usually the schoolmistress or whoever she is, will say something along the lines of:

"I am afraid your behaviour leaves me little choice. In this instance I shall administer a severe punishment on your bare bottom."

The enjoyable thing about this scenario is the mild hypocrisy involved. Of course she is not in the least bit afraid, she is in fact, highly delighted she has an excellent excuse to smack a bare bottom.

It would be an interesting exercise to write a spanking story and avoid all the cliches. I think you might have quite an unusual story at the end.

opb
Male Author

England
#22 | Posted: 3 Feb 2012 16:15
What? no cliches? Who do you think I am?

drkeate
Male Author

England
#23 | Posted: 3 Feb 2012 17:02
I like 'on the bare' because it sounds like the kind of catchphrase used in closed communities (like schools) where corporal punishment is the norm, everyone accepts it, and it's therefore implied that it's used very regularly indeed--which is great! "Oh God, I'm sure I'm going to get it on the bare this time, Cynthia!" In my school it was "get the whack", and it's use was a great deal more frequent than the actual event. So the phrase had a kind of horror and fascination about it, of dark possibilities, and so does "on the bare" to my ears.

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#24 | Posted: 4 Feb 2012 01:42
drkeate

Very good explanation and rationale. I'm convinced. From now on, all of my charatcers will get it "on the bare." And they will like it!

walmit
Male Member

England
#25 | Posted: 5 Feb 2012 10:00
Thank you all for your interesting and informative comments. They provide some food for thought and I have learnt a lot, including the fact that I am very much in the minority! Clearly the phrase is very well understood and accepted by writers and readers in the spanking community. I am not sure that it is a synonym but more a term of art used in a speciific context and with a definite meaning with the implication that 'buttocks' (or a synonym) follows. I have the impression that this usuage is far more common in America than England where I am but the only American dictionary to which I have access - that on my Apple computer - does not mention it.

You have convinced me it should be kept so authors keep up your good work.

Thanks again.

Walmit

opb
Male Author

England
#26 | Posted: 5 Feb 2012 11:11
njrick:
drkeate

Very good explanation and rationale. I'm convinced. From now on, all of my charatcers will get it "on the bare." And they will like it!

I think that mine already do, and if they don't then they'd better drop their knickers pretty darn quickly.

I'm not surprised that the phrase hasn't appeared in a dictionary as it is like a technical term used within a particular group - ours.

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#27 | Posted: 5 Feb 2012 14:16
opb:
used within a particular group - ours.

Some of us being more particular than others.

KJM
Male Author

Brazil
#28 | Posted: 7 Feb 2012 18:36
opb:
I'm not surprised that the phrase hasn't appeared in a dictionary as it is like a technical term used within a particular group - ours.

It would never appear in Apple dictionary because Steve Jobs' outfit is allergic to and uses censorship to exclude anything remotely related to aarghh sex.

Redskinluver
Male Author

USA
#29 | Posted: 10 Feb 2012 14:28
"On the bare" says precisely what is to happen. Just saying "bare" could be taken to mean that he/she is getting spanked in the nude, when instead all that is uncovered is the bottom.
I do notice though though that when "bottom' is included its "bare bottom" instead of "naked bottom." Wonder why that is.

tiptopper
Male Author

USA
#30 | Posted: 10 Feb 2012 17:34
Redskinluver:
I do notice though though that when "bottom' is included its "bare bottom" instead of "naked bottom." Wonder why that is.

Probably because of alliteration, a line of two or more words having the same initial sound. People like the sound of that such as "blistered buttocks", "red rear", etc. It we more commonly called them "nates" then it would likely be "naked nates".

By the way, about your pen name, does it indicate that your are extremely fond of Native Americans?

Page  Page 3 of 5: «« 1 2 3 4 5 »»

Online now: Members - 4 : Guests - 4
hunter, madeleine092, psammead, westviking
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9