The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

comics artist

Page  Page 1 of 3: 1 2 3 »»
jimc
Male Member

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#1 | Posted: 16 Dec 2011 01:10
Which comics artist was the one to produce the most spanking art in newspaper strips? Lee Falk (PHANTOM; MANDRAKE THE MAGICAN) Zach Moseley (SMILIN JACK); Roy Crane (BUZZ SAWYER; CAPTAIN EASY; WASH TUBBS) Milton Caniff (STEVE CANYON, TERRY AND THE PIRATES); Harold Foster (Tarzan; Prince Valiant) or is there another artist with more. Thanks
JIM

blimp
Male Author

England
#2 | Posted: 16 Dec 2011 01:16
Ken Reid and Leo Baxendale in the Beano, Dandy, Smash, Wham and several other comics! Ken Reid actually created Mr Thrashbottom (father of Miss Thrashbottom) in the comic strip Faceache. Not a lot of people know that!! (Or want to!!)

tiptopper
Male Author

USA
#3 | Posted: 16 Dec 2011 02:36
jimc:
Which comics artist was the one to produce the most spanking art in newspaper strips?

You might want to check out the Chicago Spanking Review as they have quite a bit of information on spanking in mainstream comics.

CrimsonKidCK
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#4 | Posted: 16 Dec 2011 18:04
jimc:
Which comics artist was the one to produce the most spanking art in newspaper strips? Lee Falk (PHANTOM; MANDRAKE THE MAGICAN) Zach Moseley (SMILIN JACK); Roy Crane (BUZZ SAWYER; CAPTAIN EASY; WASH TUBBS) Milton Caniff (STEVE CANYON, TERRY AND THE PIRATES); Harold Foster (Tarzan; Prince Valiant) or is there another artist with more. Thanks
JIM

In American comic strips, there additionally were "Buster Brown" (Richard F. Outcault), "Nancy" (Ernie Bushmiller) and "The Katzenjammer Kids" (Rudolph Dirks and Harold H. Knerr), a later version of which was titled "The Captain and the Kids," which all occasionally featured children being spanked for misbehavior--IIRC it actually seemed to happen fairly frequently in "The Katzenjammer Kids." (Hans and Fritz seemed to have a fetish for setting off firecrackers at inopportune times.)

Those are the other ones that I remembered offhand... --C.K.

blimp
Male Author

England
#5 | Posted: 16 Dec 2011 18:47
CrimsonKidCK:
In American comic strips, there additionally were "Buster Brown" (Richard F. Outcault),

Poor Buster was always on the receiving end!! Sometimes their would be no picture of the spanking, the boy would just appear with a pillow strapped to his behind. His mother always looked so elegant and long suffering but she made sure it was Buster who suffered the most. They are great cartoons. I love the way Buster would offer his philosophical thoughts on events after the inevitable painful denouement.

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#6 | Posted: 16 Dec 2011 22:54
One of my favourite comics spanking was in Will Eisner's classic The Spirit strip, where The Spirit spanked his girlfriend Ellen. I believe it appeared on the front of the issue, and as it was written in the 40's Ellen had one of those fantastic 40's hairdoes and was dressed in the style of the day with the tight skirt. It had the look and feel of a scene from a 40's screwball comedy. Unfortunately it was the only time I know that Eisner included a spanking scene in his strip.

CrimsonKidCK
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#7 | Posted: 17 Dec 2011 00:12
blimp:
CrimsonKidCK: In American comic strips, there additionally were "Buster Brown" (Richard F. Outcault),
Poor Buster was always on the receiving end!! Sometimes their would be no picture of the spanking, the boy would just appear with a pillow strapped to his behind. His mother always looked so elegant and long suffering but she made sure it was Buster who suffered the most. They are great cartoons. I love the way Buster would offer his philosophical thoughts on events after the inevitable painful denouement.

Well, Buster always eventually figured out that one of his boyish 'strokes of genius' wasn't really such a good idea, but only AFTER it had backfired on him big-time and he'd been spanked by his beautiful-but-strict mother--then he'd explain where his thinking had been misguided.

His dog, Tige, generally struck me as being smarter than Buster--he seemed to find all those butt-smackings rather amusing... --C.K.

Redskinluver
Male Author

USA
#8 | Posted: 18 Dec 2011 15:01
Also some spanking in Archie comics. Remember a couple where Archie's dad spanked him. One was in a Little Archie comic where he pulled a dangerous prank trying to jump off a building thinking he could fly like a bird. The final panel had an unforgettable line. He was with a buddy who was on the phone with a friend who said something about little Archie learning what it felt like to sore. His buddy said no, his dad taught him what it was like to BE SORE! With little Archie standing there his hand on the seat of his little plaid shorts , pain lines coming out of them, and a very unhappy expression on his face.
In another his Dad walloped him with a hairbrush while he was in high school for some mischief he had gotten into as a disc jockey. Afterwards he is shown once more rubbing the seat of his pants with pain stars coming out.
Of course its Betty and Veronica that are the favorite spanking candidates in Archie comics.CSR has a couple, and of course there are quite a few "fakes."
I remember there was a strip whose name I don't quite recall, that had believe it or not a little girl called Bratinella, a Lil Iodine type who herself received her share of spankings.
In another comic airline stewardess Dixie Dugan used a hair brush on her niece Imogene for fighting.
These comics mentioned here were from another era, when parental spanking of naughty boys and girls was seen as commonplace and accepted.
They are interesting I suppose from a historical standpoint, but to me the spankings in comics most interesting to discover are those that involve adult females, or at least teens, like those mentioned in the initial post=Smilin Jack, Superman, the Phantom, etc.

beth83
Female Author

USA
#9 | Posted: 19 Dec 2011 00:36
Although it was not a newspaper comic strip, the original Wonder Woman comic books by William Moulton Marston are full of spanking and spanking references. He apparently had a very kinky life with wife and girlfriend which included him being in bondage. It makes you understand his comic books a bit more.

bendover
Male Author

USA
#10 | Posted: 19 Dec 2011 05:56
I Think Dennis The Menace got a few, too.

Page  Page 1 of 3: 1 2 3 »»

Online now: Members - 5 : Guests - 3
ahowell208, daveyboy, derekjster, Dragondave, spanker30
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9