library of spanking fiction forum
LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

I Am Breaking My Promise! (Reader Comments)

christian0539
Male Author

USA
#1 | Posted: 2 Dec 2011 02:56
I have an announcement to make. When I started publishing on this site, I made a commitment to respond to every single comment my readers left me, no matter what. I never once thought I would even come CLOSE to having this problem.... But, I just cannot keep up with the flood of comments. I hope it won't seem horribly rude of me, but I just don't have the time (and still be able to publish stories to start with). I work a great deal, and travel the world with regularity, mostly on business (unfortunately) but sometimes on pleasure. This past week it was Japan and Dubai, next week it will be London (twice). And in between all that, I work locally in America (I estimate at least 50 hours a week), and do volunteer work whenever I have a free moment. I keep our ledger books, and manage our estate, and on top of that I manage "training" for a very special person. Some days I come home and don't have the energy to write anything (much less respond to comments).

So... I guess I am posting to tell all the readers that have commented, that I GREATLY appreciate the comments! I really and truly do! But please don't feel bad if I don't respond to you. Trust me, I still at least read all the comments and love them. Please keep commenting and reading my stories, because if no one ever commented, I wouldn't feel much like writing in the first place. But I like to think that my readers will appreciate me writing more stories in my very limited time, instead of spending so much of my precious time responding to each comment painstakingly. I love all my readers! If it weren't for you, I wouldn't still be writing. It's not worth it to me, to craft my own erotica simply for me. But to have all these comments from you folks that liked my stories enough to write me a lengthy comment means enough to me that I basically write for you.

And while I am here... I may as well mention my shameless plug. In case you haven't noticed, I have started a new series called "My Summer In The Tree House". I have also written another shorter story called "No Cell Phones Allowed" as an experiment. I am attempting to write a few stories that are under 1,000 words (this is a lot harder than I thought!). And actually I am not sure if "No Cell Phones" is under the 1,000 word limit, but whatever! It was still fun to write.

I am also working on my series "The Saga Of Kristen Bell". And I even started writing on the next part to a story I had no intention of continuing (Grounded, Spanked, and Kept Nude), but it is thanks to the flood of comments on that series in particular that has motivated me to continue a story that I originally felt good enough about, to end right there! So if that isn't proof that reader comments don't influence me, I don't know what is. Please keep reading and commenting!

Regards,
Christian

bendover
Male Author

USA
#2 | Posted: 2 Dec 2011 05:21
The fact that you're here with your confession (which LSF I'm sure would say wasn't necessary) makes it all worth while, Christian. Everyone knows it's hard to keep up with the comments. I believe everyone also knows that you appreciate them greatly. As I'm sure everyone will say. Not To Worry.

B

Sebastian
Male Member

USA
#3 | Posted: 2 Dec 2011 07:59
I will say this: You don't have to answer all comments. Don't worry about it. There are some authors who receive many comments and do not always respond to them. It is not necessary. I personally do not expect a response every time. Just keep on writing.
Now, there is one time when you could comment and that is when a new reader is commenting on your story, for the first time. You would like to keep them coming back to your stories.

Guy
Male Author

USA
#4 | Posted: 2 Dec 2011 13:48
Like Sebastian, I comment a lot. I don't expect authors to acknowledge every single comment I make. I'm not even sure I would want a response to every comment, but those I receive are appreciated.

Likewise, I don't expect every person who reads one my my own stories to comment. If you have something to say, then say it and know that it will be appreciated!

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#5 | Posted: 3 Dec 2011 01:14
I reply to all commenters, just not necessarily the same day they make the comment...
Or the same week.
Mostly I can get back to them in the same month...

Goodgulf

Sebastian
Male Member

USA
#6 | Posted: 3 Dec 2011 16:56
I forgot to add the following to my forum reply from yesterday. You should also reply to any questions on the readers comments. That is important. If the reader misinterpreted the story, you should comment. Never leave a last impression on something that you feel is incorrect.

rollin
Male Member

USA
#7 | Posted: 3 Dec 2011 17:54
My policy is to respond to commenters but I'm not perfect and I'm sure I miss a few. But as Sebastian said, it's a really good idea to answer questions and correct misimpressions.

corncrake
Female Author

Scotland
#8 | Posted: 3 Dec 2011 18:29
christian0539:
Please keep reading and commenting!

Christian, the very fact that you are asking people to keep reading and commenting
implies that you must still be writing - and that is the very best thing that you can be doing!
I doubt that there's anyone in the library who would argue otherwise.
Do what you can - and enjoy it!

christian0539
Male Author

USA
#9 | Posted: 4 Dec 2011 14:12
I guess I was feeling a little overwhelmed before. I think I am just going to do my best to respond to my comments (though with my schedule, it will have to be at my convenience). I have no doubt that I have missed quite a few in the past weeks. But I do hope I won't loose any readers over that! Thanks for everyone's advice.

Regards,
Christian

Online now: Members - 8 : Guests - 6
brettchad, Bullseye68, cady09, Derrick30, dljsfj, mamarita7, phillipuk, rindom
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9